Auto C6 to Manual T-19 Swap

bike-maker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The reinforcement plate goes inside the cab. Between the firewall and steering column. Be prepareed to stand on your head for an hour or two.

freebird01

Post Turtle!
Reaction score
yes bike maker is correct. nick...be sure you download the TSB from my website and read it about 2 or 3 times before you jump into it. :D

Pino2234

Full Access Member
Reaction score
oh yea. I've skimmed through it twice so far, its kinda gives an overview of it but I'm sure I'll figure it out.

I'm sure I'll wait till my c6 is on its last leg and leaves me stranded somewhere, then I'll do the swap cookoo

Pino2234

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I finally did the swap, everything is done. I drove it into work today. All the shafts lined up the only thing I had to change was the front yoke on the tcase.

Hanging the clutch bracket and changing the steering column was not that bad at all. The whole thing was time consuming and remembering where I put all the bolts took a while.

freebird01

Post Turtle!
Reaction score
do you have any pics of it installed? everything line up ok? info man I NEED THE INFO

hahahahahaha sorry j/k but your the first one to have actually installed one of my firewall plates and im lookin for feedback.

Pino2234

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since I've swapped my C6 to auto, I have done another C6 to ZF5 on a 1985 CC this time. And your plate did not line up as well. I would have liked to use the plate but neither was a good fit. My cousin has a 1991 he is converting to a manual and we'll see how his lines up.