Aurora 2000 Turbo's for I.D.I's

HiWayMan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Evidently ATS in Colorado bought out ATS in Salt Lake. Anyway, the new manufacturers of the ATS Turbo's offer an "Aurora 2000" turbo.. Anyone heard any good/bad reports on these "new" turbo's? Thanks....

Al

F350camper

BOOST!
Reaction score
HiWayMan said:
Evidently ATS in Colorado bought out ATS in Salt Lake. Anyway, the new manufacturers of the ATS Turbo's offer an "Aurora 2000" turbo.. Anyone heard any good/bad reports on these "new" turbo's? Thanks....

Al

I can’t comment on the turbo. But I can say that my opinion of the owner of the outfit is much less than an A+. He lost a dyno competition to a good buddy of mine a year and a half ago. Then carbon copies of my buddies parts started showing up with ATS labels on them for 10 to 20 percent less. Business is business, but he had no reason to try and stamp him out like that by stealing ideas. It’s very easy to be a pleasant, good, above board person, and make all the money you need while doing it. His greed will catch up to him. I wont be buying anything from the new Colorado based ATS.

HiWayMan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
F350camper said:
I can’t comment on the turbo. But I can say that my opinion of the owner of the outfit is much less than an A+. He lost a dyno competition to a good buddy of mine a year and a half ago. Then carbon copies of my buddies parts started showing up with ATS labels on them for 10 to 20 percent less. Business is business, but he had no reason to try and stamp him out like that by stealing ideas. It’s very easy to be a pleasant, good, above board person, and make all the money you need while doing it. His greed will catch up to him. I wont be buying anything from the new Colorado based ATS.

Interesting info.. Doesn't sound like a person I would want to do business with either. Should have bought it from the Salt Lake ATS folks before they sold out. Oh well.. Thanks

Al

HiWayMan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OkieGringo said:
I talked to someone over at TDS who just bought one but I haven't heard from him since he got it. OkieGringo
Thanks OG...

Al

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't follow ATS so much. So are we saying that "Advance Turbo Systems" , the 3rd member of the turbo kit triad is no more?

troutwest66

Ricer-Roni The IDI Treat
Reaction score
I was wondering, too. When I go to the website I have bookmarked I can't find the turbo upgrade housing, etc. I thought I either had the wrong site or their inventory changed. Is THIS the same one we're talking about?

troutwest66

Ricer-Roni The IDI Treat
Reaction score
Okay, Rob. I saw that. The site is a bit confusing to navigate. I guess I won't be touching the turbo. Just do the DP, exhaust and an open element intake. That in itself should be plenty for me.

HiWayMan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Agnem said:
I don't follow ATS so much. So are we saying that "Advance Turbo Systems" , the 3rd member of the turbo kit triad is no more?

Yeah, apparently Advanced Turbo Systems in Salt Lake sold out to ATS Diesel Performance in Colorado. Real sorry to hear that..

Al

F350camper

BOOST!
Reaction score
HiWayMan said:
Yeah, apparently Advanced Turbo Systems in Salt Lake sold out to ATS Diesel Performance in Colorado. Real sorry to hear that..

Al

Me too!
Respect is earned, and I don’t know if Clint will ever earn mine, hence my personal boycott. I held the first set of these ever made, and I encouraged Mike to sell them to the public. (search on sleeves in the quick search box)
https://ssl.perfora.net/www.superdi...nid=1543f7f29177ca2/shopdata/index.shopscript
At the time Clint and Mike were on good terms. Mike told Clint that he was going to start manufacturing these, and offered him a very good wholesale cost. Mike is real small potatoes compared to ATS. He does this on the side as a hobby. Clint danced around the bush a bit, said I dunno. I’ll think about it, I doubt there will even be a market for such things. A few weeks later, viola! They are up on his website.

http://www.atsturbo.com/ATSWebsite/ProductsGM/TRESleeve.asp

I've heard of many similar stories, but this is the only one I can personally verify.

Freight_Train

Traitor to the brotherhood
Reaction score
Well crap.Guess I will have to change my stance on the ATS.....oh well,I like the Banks better.Just wish it had a better looking intake hat.Guess when I install an intercooler and I use a pre-sellout ATS snail.

dazedandconfused

Reaction score
I know that Clint is a bit of a ass from distributors that I have talked to but I still may go with thier turbo kit. As much as I hate to do it I've heard lots of good things about the Aurora 2000 from D-max guys. I plan on lots of work to my engine and am going to need the best charger I can find. I dont know for sure though but thats the way I'm heading. I know that his customer service is far from top notch.

Andy

HiWayMan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Freight_Train said:
Well crap.Guess I will have to change my stance on the ATS.....oh well,I like the Banks better.Just wish it had a better looking intake hat.Guess when I install an intercooler and I use a pre-sellout ATS snail.

Yeah I know what you mean. For my needs I want a wastegated turbo and I thought an ATS turbo allowed easier access to things and was a cleaner looking install (only one mans opinion guys). Oh well, guess I'll "settle" for the Banks ( drooling while he types) :D

Al