ATS air cleaners

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pretty funny since they supposedly scrapped all those after I bought what I wanted. Ill sell the ones I have cheaper.:sly

kas83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ATS is getting rid of all the 'old, obsolete performance parts' to keep up with the new stuff according to a few people I know from the area. Funny thing is, Ford chose them to turbocharge trucks for them as a factory option, yet they're the first to turn their backs on the niche.

Not a huge Banks fan, but at least they're still sticking with it, Hypermax too. Thank god for Mel and R&D and others for keeping things going.

Sent from my SCH-R760X using Tapatalk

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ATS turned their back on IDI's 4-5 years ago.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Sadly ATS has lost a market that would support the stocking of these parts. Now we go aftermarket and cry most of the time. I guess just be happy with whats available now. I was just reading in a few years back Auburn cord Duesenberg part in my ACD magazine. I saw a complete drop in Cord engine without a supercharger on it but still stock for those cars that didn't have that option. The member wanted $20,000.00 for it. I'm sure he got it too. Lucky for me my enfine is so low on miles when the engine was rebuilt in 1962 it had 2 thousands taper on the cylinder walls. So I have a new engine thats 51 years old... Money does not talk in the ACD world. If a part is not available no amount of money can buy it but.. If you want to make said part money can do miracles too. Jay Leno hurt a duesenberg head that some other repair shop butched. Those heads are overhead 4 valve cylinders. A seat was cracked and badly repaired. He drove it till it failed and ruined an already ruined head. So he had one cast. They were 3 or 4 years into it with about $300,000.00 spent so far with nearly that much more money to spend till it was a hopeful replacement head.. Money does some amazing things sometimes.

oregon96psd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Someone started drinking early today....^^^ :rotflmao
Sorry, but that made me laugh, ATS air cleaners to Jay Leno's car :dunno

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Sorry but I'm not seeing why my post made you laugh. But your welcome anyway. I'll be here all week...:eek::D

idipwr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ats was a different company back when our trucks were built, They were Advanced Turbo Systems. Then some time in the late 90's ATS transmission bought them out. IIRC

KyleQ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nothing like saying I have a whole pallet load of these things that I got for free, but I want $100 a shot. Pure class-