ATS 088 turbo kit up pipe fit?

Russ94

Reaction score
I can’t seem to find a definite answer on this one... I have a 1985 F250 with a C6. I am in the process of putting a good running 7.3 idi from a 92’ F450. I found an ATS 088 turbo kit used relatively locally for $400. Seller doesn’t seem to know what trans the turbo came from. Does anyone know if the up pipes would be different for the auto/ manual on this kit? I know banks has different up pipes. Seller says the kit is missing downpipe and oil lines. Looks like I should be able to source them easily. From what I have read it looks like the turbo would be a garret T4? Looks like rebuild kits are available for those too. It looks like I could potentially have a good kit for around $700 once I get the missing parts? Any opinions on this would be great. Main reason for this post is the up pipe fitting if someone knows that. Thanks in advance.

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can't imagine the uppipe fitment being an issue but I can't say for certain. As far as I know that kit didn't have different setups. I bought one and sent it off to @typ4 for a rebuild.

Here's what the uppipe looks like if you're curious. Bolts to the exhaust manifold.

You must be registered for see images attach

I'm sure someone can confirm whether or not the uppipe was different, but I don't believe it was.

www.russrepair.com has seal kits and oil feed lines

For what it's worth, I still haven't been able to track down a downpipe for my kit, but I've heard the powerstroke 3" downpipe should be close, so I'm going to try modifying one for mine. If you happen to find someone who sells the 088 downpipe new please let me know!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7

Members online