At the end of my wits... Help!!!

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
If the dash fuel light flickers.... That means you have a partial vacuum on the outlet side of the filter. This can mean bad filter. Line restriction (like in partially blocked changeover valve) Or failed lift pump.

DaytonaBill

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Howdy guys!

Well, I got called in to work Sat and today... Just got home a little while ago...
No work tomorrow, so you know what that means... Just hope I can get it all done in one day... Should be able to...

Icanfixall, I suspect the fuel filter light is coming on like that on account of a blocked line... It is the reason truck stalls out when I switch to the front tank... Hope to fix that tomorrow...

In preparation for the new return caps and o rings, I took some 200 sandpaper and smoothed the edge of the lip of the cap, that is, the part where the o ring makes first contact... It was too sharp of an edge for my tastes, so what the heck, why not make it easier to slide the cap over the o rings.

It doesn't start with a square edge into the insides of the caps, instead there is a slight bevel the first 50 thousandths of the cap wall... Right at the top edge where the bevel starts, it was like an abrupt turn towards the bevel... I thought it would be better safe than sorry to lightly sand that abrupt turn to make it easier for the o rings to start...

Anyway, here is a picture of one of the caps that has been deburred... the one on the left is the deburred one... Of course I used compressed air to clean them up... ;Sweet

Further reports coming tomorrow...

attachment.php

Attachments

• return line caps.jpg
    return line caps.jpg
    890.6 KB · Views: 71

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
That is exactly what I refer to about the flash area. I use an exacto knife to clean up this area for a smooth o ring penetration with plenty of lube...

DaytonaBill

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thank you Icanfixall for the confirmation.

The whole time, I thought you were referring to further in where the step sits... Past the return hole in the sides of the caps...

That was a good time for an epic facepalm...

92LongBed

Reaction score
iF you do take the FSV apart, drill out the rivets on the swedged side just enough to clear it, then punch out the rivet. use a#6 self tapping screw to put it back together.
hey old bull, i'm dealing with an air intrusion issue on my 92 f350 idi and I took my FSV off and it appears to have a bit of liquid inside the part where the motor operates. is this normal? i'm wanting to take it apart per your walk through but wanted to try and discuss a bit with you first. thanks

hacked89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey old bull, i'm dealing with an air intrusion issue on my 92 f350 idi and I took my FSV off and it appears to have a bit of liquid inside the part where the motor operates. is this normal? i'm wanting to take it apart per your walk through but wanted to try and discuss a bit with you first. thanks

He’s been gone 4+ years

Old Goat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There should not be liquid inside where the motor is. I assume Diesel?
There is the Chicom Electric motor and 2 printed Circuit boards as I remember.
The side that has the pipe nipp-le`s is the valve 1/2 of the FSV. maybe there is an "O" Ring leaking?

Most likely need a new FSV?

Goat

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online