Are these gp's good

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
There have been mixed results on the Wellman plugs, which is what those are.
Stay clear of the Bosch, at least for this application. They work great in European diesels and will generally last well over 100k miles, but in these things, you'll be lucky to get a few weeks out of them ( mine didn't even make it through a full week :backoff
For safest results, stick with the Beru plugs.

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
There have been mixed results on the Wellman plugs, which is what those are.
Stay clear of the Bosch, at least for this application. They work great in European diesels and will generally last well over 100k miles, but in these things, you'll be lucky to get a few weeks out of them ( mine didn't even make it through a full week :backoff
For safest results, stick with the Beru plugs.

Agreed 100%

I burnt up 16 Bosch plugs in a month, and went out and bought 8 motorcraft plugs a week after that. This was over a year ago and I still have ALL 8 of the original motorcraft plugs in the truck!

Alex S

Jeoff
Reaction score
Agreed 100%

I burnt up 16 Bosch plugs in a month, and went out and bought 8 motorcraft plugs a week after that. This was over a year ago and I still have ALL 8 of the original motorcraft plugs in the truck!

wierd how that is, i have had bosh for over a year now with out any problems :dunno

franklin2

Full Access Member
Reaction score

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
That is a picture of psd glow plug made by Wellmans. They are DZ11 but... No way they will fit our engines. Thats probably just a generic picutre.....

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey those look like WAP glow plugs, I hope they work out well for you. I've never used never seize on glow plugs. I've had Delphis, Beru ZD1A, LDM bullet types and Beru ZD9 bullet tips. The berus are the best, the Delphis never burned out. The LDM never got a fair shake cause when I did the solid state conversion I hooked the controller up wrong so that the plugs had constant voltage. Bad news for the glow plugs and I was out 80 bucks. I'd probably only use beru ZD9s with the solid state system or a manual momentary toggle with 12V rated GM slow glow plugs for the long haul. The LDMs couldn't have been too bad because with better than a minute, maybe closer to 5 they still worked, sort of and didn't swell up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
REM70

Members online

No members online now.