anyone have a pic of the olives for these trucks?

heff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i can't find anything via searching google, just threads of people replacing them.
are they compression fitting ferrules or small pieces of rubber or what?
asking because i've replaced/fixed nearly every other spot for air to get into my
fuel lines and would like to know what i'm looking for so i can buy the correct part.
i've gathered they're on the filter head lines, is there one on the inlet and outlet or
elsewhere?
tia

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
I don't have a pic but I know where they are and what they are. They look like a tiny piece of rubber hose. They fit into the fuel line from the filter to the injection pump line nuts. Those are 5/16 size. Now the line from the lift pump to the filter head has one in that line nut but its a 3/8 inch size. Either typ4 (Russ) or Agnem (Mel) can sell you these. Or any good injection pump repair shop...

gandalf

Reaction score
I took a picture when I changed out the olives between the fuel filter and the IP. Hope this helps. It seems to me that the part numbers are listed in the "Parts Bin" thread.

You must be registered for see images attach

This shows both the old olive and the new one.

Hydro-idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If your olives are the originals, you will have a heck of a time getting the old ones out. I had to soak mine in brake fluid for a day then used a torch to heat up the rubber. I then used a small pick to remove old olive.

justinray

Contributor
Reaction score
They get hard, it becomes rather difficult to get them off if they havent been replaced in due time.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
That pic shows you what they look like plus it shows how much of the tube needs to stick into the other brass fitting.. Good pic Ken..:thumbsup:

heff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the help on this guys. Exactly what I needed to visualize the job.

soggybottom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So would a piece of fuel hose the same size work as well, or is there something special about these? I only ask because I am having a heck of a time finding them locally.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
The fuel nose wil work but most here will find the proper olives. Sorry your having a tuff time finding them... The answer to why they are hard to remove is they get hard. They usually are stuck in the nut. Then trying to pick them out of that with a dental tool is time consuming at best. Soaking them in brake fluid wil soften them and removel wil be easier. Some even use fire to burn them out. If you try fire be careful with the thin brass nut. Melting it will cause you so much more problems finding a replacement fuel line... Unless you have a wrecking yard that has a couple of these trucks in it with an idi engine..

mooseracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Replace the line and go to a normal sealed end. Depending on where the line is, JIC, O-RB, or NPT.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zemmeron