Anybody got one?

Guntherx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey, does anyone have a Y pipe for the original Banks non-waste gated turbo kit to either sell or let me copy? i would be willing to put a deposit on it to borrow if it makes you feel more comfortable.

fiverpuller

Lizard Limo
Reaction score
Banks wants $360! :backoff
I called because they put an exhaust flange clamp on backwards. cookoo And since I bought the truck this way the line was silent when I asked about warranty.

I will have mine off tomorrow for some clutch work...I can take measurements if you like. It seems as though you would want to fab it in place...or make a jig. The piping is very rigid once welded up. I think if you are off by more than 1/4" you will have problems. If I had the ability to make my own I would. The one I got is getting thin and has a few dents.

Guntherx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I had someone send me pics before, but without having the pipe in it is virtually impossible to copy. Local shops want $300 to fabricate, and are less than wanting to do it. Banks told me $280 for the pipe and $5 for the y to turbo. Is yours original> if you sent it to me and I was able to make 2 would it be worth it to you?

fiverpuller

Lizard Limo
Reaction score
Depends on how much time it took you to make one. It's back on the truck now. If you were local no problem...but shipping would suck. Do you need the one that goes up the downpipe side or up the drivers side? I have both...but their installed. Do you have a good bender?

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gruss has one that he and Nick fabbed up. You might see what tips he can give you.

Russ

Idont do injectors
Reaction score
If you don't have anything to go by I would say bite the bullit and call Banks. There's not much room to play with and to get the up pipe+ y pipe+ cross over right is a pain in the butt. We did the "y" +coss over and only half of the up pipe and spent 8 hrs doing it. So how much is you time worth? Russ