Any tips for door hinge pin R& R?

f-two-fiddy

Reaction score
So, my hinge pins have seen better days and need to be replaced.

I'm a little concerned about removing the door bolts. And getting every thing lined up properly. Is there a plug on the door wiring harness?

Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
I think you have to unplug everything from within the door and pull the harness out.
It was on a GM, but @riotwarrior might know a thing or two.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

DaveBen

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You are correct 79jasper. You have to unplug the wiring harness in the door and feed it out of the door.

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You are correct 79jasper. You have to unplug the wiring harness in the door and feed it out of the door.

when i replaced my doors, i unplugged the 2 or 3 connectors per door on the lowar A pillar.

i just did this, 6 times :D

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Unplug inside cab at A pillar or from inside door amd snake a stupid long har ess out....take A pillar for two beers Alex!

HS108

Diesel Newb
Reaction score
I was able to do my pins without taking off the door hinges, Just cut the pins out, had a buddy hold the door and put new ones in

no mufflers

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I did them on my truck and thought it would be easier to take the hinges off, well it wasn't and took me twice as long and was a pain in the ass.

I just did hinges on an OBS and it only had door speakers no power junk so it was much easier. I unplugged the connector in the kick panel or pillar and left all the hinges bolted to the door and truck, then I took the grommet off from the truck. I used a die grinder with a carbide bit and ground the bottom of the pin off and sail it through with a drift pin. once the pins are out you can take the door off, change the bushings and put it all back together

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
I replaced the drivers door hinge because the flat spring that keeps the door open broke off. I can honestly say this is a job I will NEVER attempt ever again. I hated it. Now room to work. Maybe I just do not know the secrets to doing this job but nope.. Never again. BTW the passenger door flat spring is also broken and I have a neew hinge.. But that's the wifeys door so I wont be fixing it... EVER...:eek::angel::D

f-two-fiddy

Reaction score
Dang it Al, where were you before I started this little project? :dunno

Got the pass side done. I'll brake out the cherry picker for the drivers side.