Any pictures flatbeds running stacks out there?

912504x4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been trying to decide if I can live with just one stack or if I really must have the look of 2 stacks. I am running a flatbed and the plumbing is going to be a nightmare to route the drivers side stack and I will have to loose the underbed toolbox also on that side.
The passenger side stack is going to be so so easy I am really thinking about just running one 3" unmuffled stack.

I was just hoping there were some pictures out there of trucks running 1 stack instead of 2 (hopefully flatbed also) ;Sweet

So please show me what you are running even if its both sides so I can make an educated decision about it.

Thank you, Eric

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
honestly my thought on this is run 2 stacks or none at all.i dont like the look of a single stack.just my opinion

MIDNIGHT RIDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My flat-bed has twin 4" stacks that hang behind the doors, just ahead of the front corners of the sleeper.

The exhaust comes down the right side, just inside the frame, to a Y connector.

From there, it splits to right and left stack.

Where mine are located, it would be hard to have a tool-box or anything in their way; as, the place they hang is of little use for anything else.

The doors just miss them when opening and closing.

On a truck this size, anything bigger than 4" starts to look a little gawdy.

912504x4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
stackin

Where did you find a spot to cross to the drivers side?
under or over the frame rail ?
My trucks flatbed bracket blocks the over path and the under path will be awful close to the driveshaft unless I let it hang way way down.
I would run it on top of the bed but that just seems like a huge waste of my flatbed space. If all the pipes were tucked in a bed where nobody could see it I wouldnt mind as much.

I guess I could modify the flatbed bracket and move it back slightly to make more room above the frame :D

Keep the opinions coming!

Thanks, Eric

MIDNIGHT RIDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I couldn't have told you whether under or over if I hadn't had the drive-shaft loose at the transmission a couple days ago.

I let the drive-shaft rest on top of the exhaust; so, I guess my exhaust goes under the drive-shaft.

The only part of the exhaust that is visible from the sides are the bottoms of the stainless stack-elbows.

What is the year model of your truck??

Is it 2wd or 4wd??

If you want life-time stacks, or exhaust for that matter, 4" Stainless steel tubing can be had at big dairy supply outlets for way less money than the automotive suppliers have it.

I didn't think to go that route when I did mine; but, a guy up the road owns a big dairy; and, he made his stacks and exhaust out of it.

It sure looks professional; and, was less expensive than regular 4" tubing at the auto-parts.

MIDNIGHT RIDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Definitely go under the frame, with the elbows just below the rocker-panels.

Tuck the stacks in the corner where the cab and flat meet.

They will not interfere with anything you load,if mounted in this manner.

Post a picture of your truck here, so we can better see what can be done.

ramon f350

Reaction score
This Post is useless with out pics!!!!!!! I love the way flatbeds look with stacks but if your going to do stacks it has got to be twins or nothing at all

Ramon

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
You could slide the bed back and put a crossover in there like this:
It might be possible to do something like this in your bed, or even under it, depending on how your bed is made. Keep in mind, the box gets hot, so if your bed deck is wood, you will have to be mindful of location.

Attachments

• Stack cross box.jpg
    Stack cross box.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 48
  • Stack cross box mounted.jpg
    Stack cross box mounted.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 50
  • Stack cross box mounted 2.jpg
    Stack cross box mounted 2.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 48

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
ramon f350 said:
This Post is useless with out pics!!!!!!! I love the way flatbeds look with stacks but if your going to do stacks it has got to be twins or nothing at all

Ramon

I agree, so I added some! :)

MIDNIGHT RIDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would do a picture if I could understand how.

I can take a rifle that I have never seen before, brought to me in pieces in a sack, and shoot it before bedtime.

The same goes for most anything I tackle; but, my brain is way too full of information to wedge in how to operate this instrument of iniquity called a computer.

My wife has a little brother that can access Bin Laden's bank account; when I can get him here, maybe I can get him to do some pictures.

NapaBavarian

Dually driver 6.9
Reaction score
MIDNIGHT RIDER said:
My wife has a little brother that can access Bin Laden's bank account; when I can get him here, maybe I can get him to do some pictures.

When you get him there you will have enough money to pay someone else to do the deed :draw

Magoo

Blind Brain Surgeon
Reaction score
sle2115. Was just cruising this thread. No oppinion of my own but I saw your dual set up and loved it. Great idea. How does it sound? If I were to do one I would borrow your idea and only change the sq. tube for 4 inch exaust. If the sq. tube is part of the bed seat then I would install exaust tube inside. Im an old racer and like smooth flow on exaust. May not be neccessary here but old habits hard to break. Nice work.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle