any ny'ers even down to delaware that will check my timing

philadelphia

Reaction score
Im new to diesels so i dont really want to get deep into the engine without experenced help.

I just put my egt gauge on and unloaded im seeing 900ish running the truck hard..Im gona load it with my ramcharger tonight at maybe 4500 lbs to see what i get..

A turbo is a long way away so id like to turn up the pump and check the timing to make full use of the na setup..

The truck is a 89 international s 1600 from u hual..the engine has been replaced 12 k ago and the only mods are stock downpipes and 3" exhaust after the flexpipes.Leave about a foot or so of 2 1/2" before that.Then to two 2 chamber flowmasters(sorry had to say it like that:D) , they lead into a flowmaster Y pipe with a 4" exit then to a 5" stack.

I prefer the weekends and dont mind driving anywhere from conneticut to lancaster pa and down to delaware..

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Where is your thermocoupler located? If its in the exhaust manifold then you have some room to play with EGT's.

You could turn the pump up a flat or two, rig up a custom intake, and you should be good to go ;Sweet

philadelphia

Reaction score
Yeah i may turn it up a flat, but i want the timing checked and set as well.ive heard that you can tweak it for better power..The ip pump adjustment doesnt scare me but i have no tools to set the timing nor experence.

I watched my egt and with my ramcharger on the truck it will hang around 950-1000 unless my foot is in the floor..Ive learned how to back off and get the temps down but i dont want to have to do that with any load or hill i encounter..

My probe is about 3" down from the manifold exit. In the 2 1/2" downpipe

Last edited:

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm in southern York County PA. I'd be glad to help you out. If you know where Lancaster is (and it seems most New Yorker's at least know where the outlet mall is LOL ) I'm about 45 minutes farther than that.

philadelphia

Reaction score
Most definately.. I will let you know what weekend i can make it and just let me know what beer you want..if your not a drinker then we could always hit a resturant..