Any good deals on transmission jacks?

jwalterus

Made in America
Reaction score
I've got the HF scissor style one as well, mines a little older (try 20 years LOL)
have pulled t-19s, zf-5s, and c-6s with the t-case on them, I just stick a board on the floor jack and use it for under the t-case, tie them together with a ratchet strap, lower the whole setup and pull straight towards the rear with the jack handle ;Sweet

dunk

Dunce
Reaction score
Curious about this. I've done them solo before with a regular floor jack and precarious balancing, have done C4s solo by hand, or just muscle them up and get the crossmember slid in place if you have a helper. Not sure I'm up to all that anymore so a good functional trans jack might be the way to go. How do the different cradle designs work on manual transmissions? Most seem to be made to fit the pan on an auto, not necessarily stable with round or odd shaped manual trans bottoms?

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Mine is some old used and abused unit. Works absolutely fine for the zf.
If you don't use the chains, I run a couple ratchet straps around to secure it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

DirtRoads

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I pulled the carpet and front seat, removed the panel in the floor and stuck my engine hoist in the door for a clutch change on my 92 with a ZF-5. Just something to consider, it worked great.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is my version for when you need a little extra lift.

You must be registered for see images attach

ironworker40

NYC Ironworker
Reaction score
You can also pull seat and floor pan, with the windows down put a 4x4 across doors and use a chain fall or come along to lower it down.

texcl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alright, I ended up getting the scissor lift from HF. There are lots of reports of it working great on zf-5's. My transfer case has a leaky seal anyway so needed to pull it. It ended up being $79 with my 20% off coupon and you can use it to support doors when changing pins out or even put a chair on it to lift you up, lol. Anyway, we are still cleaning the shop real well before we start, will take pics and report once we begin the big jobs (d50 ball joint replacement and front right drive shaft R&R + SMF/clutch conversion).

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I actually used mine for door alignment as well. A pool noodle cut in half does a real good job of laying in the V of the jack and giving it some cushion.

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
One way to do it lol, I could not get my heavy transmission on my jack after I dragged it under my truck.

You must be registered for see images

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
N/A idi do it from the top with ratchet or wrench.
Long extension and a knuckle will work. Just make sure to at least break loose/tighten from top with a wrench.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
3/4" ratchet wrench works good once you break them loose from above.