Another creation almost complete

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Well I got some time to get workin on Mater this past weekend. I got the body work all completed and now just need to get the GP system converted to the 7.3 controller, finish the interior and get a front bumper installed.

For taking a 460 gasser auto trans and converting it to a 6.9 diesel with 4 speed was a fairly easy project. The biggest issues were electrical due to the wire harness was from an automatic truck and I opted for a manual trans being a work truck.
Overall, I'm pretty happy with the whole project and am ready to start on the next one.:D

Attachments

• P2280382.JPG
    P2280382.JPG
    383.6 KB · Views: 37
  • DSC00995.JPG
    DSC00995.JPG
    842.8 KB · Views: 60

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
what an improvement, i actaully like the older front end better. nice looking rig there.

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
Nice looking truck Ron. I have always liked the 80-86 front end. Any other projects on the horizion?

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Thanks guys!
Wow what a transformation!! But why did you change out the flat face front end?

Tis from a compilation of parts I had floating around and a want for a different body style since I've alread got 2 brick nose duallies.

yaric008 said:
So when are you going to get a different color paint...?
Wifey said the same thing cause that made #3 blue truck in the yard. Unfortunately, the paint and materials came with the truck and Mater was a low budget assembly project. Under $1,000.00 ;Sweet

flatlander said:
Is that the 2007 truck you were talkin' about?
Yup!;Sweet
Tis an 87 frame with 85-86 sheet metal.:D
Officially by the State of Michigan, Mater is classified as a 2007 assembled vehicle.

snicklas said:
Any other projects on the horizion?
Yup, the Beef is next in line for the slaughter house.
That one is gonna get a moderate make over with a ZF-5 to a C-6 conversion stepping back to 3:55 gears. Karen wants her own oilburner since she likes the ride.:hail

RedTruck

Reaction score
Good looking rig. You did a nice job.

I think you need to remove the hood if it keeps the name Mater though. LOL

Paul