And so it begins!

sassyrel

Reaction score
sure are glad your doing that--would love to show that to some chevy freak friends of mine--woohahaa

GenLightening

Yeah, it's a CHEVY!
Reaction score
Getting closer!

Got the exhaust all buttoned up. Had to run it on the drivers side to get the most clearance over the axle. Now I'll have more room to work on the fuel system and such, so it's ok. I was able to use the entire Banks system from the Ford and it only took 7 welds and 1 U bend. I left the exhaust brake in, I'll see if I like it. And there is more room between the exhaust and the tailshaft than the pic shows! Now on to the engine accessories.

Attachments

• Truck 045.JPG
    Truck 045.JPG
    339.3 KB · Views: 136
  • Truck 043.JPG
    Truck 043.JPG
    236.3 KB · Views: 116
  • Truck 041.JPG
    Truck 041.JPG
    211.6 KB · Views: 124
  • Truck 039.JPG
    Truck 039.JPG
    197.8 KB · Views: 134

GenLightening

Yeah, it's a CHEVY!
Reaction score
Some more pics

All the accessories are mounted, just need to get some belts. Got the fuel filter and pump in place. I didn't get any shots of the trans cooler and filter that are mounted under the passenger floor.:thumbsup: Still need to mount the fan to it. Now I'm knee deep in the wiring.:eek: I'm hoping to make some noise in the next couple of weeks!

Attachments

• Truck 068.JPG
    Truck 068.JPG
    938.4 KB · Views: 113
  • Truck 069.JPG
    Truck 069.JPG
    539.4 KB · Views: 101
  • Truck 064.JPG
    Truck 064.JPG
    686.3 KB · Views: 128

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you have some protection under the trans cooler? I'd highly suggest you install something, not a skid plate as that'll likely mess up your airflow through the cooler, but at least some sort of grate or something of similar nature - you never know what sort of junk you gonna run over, I've seen from tires to almost complete exhaust systems laying in the middle of the roads here in MI, and sometimes you just can't stop quick enough.

GenLightening

Yeah, it's a CHEVY!
Reaction score
It's mounted above the bottom of the frame, vertically and at an angle to the front. Pics would be easier to show how it's in there. It's pretty well protected by the front mudflap, fender, frame and the running board brace. It's really tucked in there. It may even get some airflow, but I have a fan for it anyway.

Exekiel69

Reaction score
I like the idea of the filter on a different location, where did You get that fuel pressure gauge? They used to have some tiny ones at autozone and never got a chance to buy one again.

Engine really looks like it belongs in that bay.

GenLightening

Yeah, it's a CHEVY!
Reaction score
I like the idea of the filter on a different location, where did You get that fuel pressure gauge? They used to have some tiny ones at autozone and never got a chance to buy one again.

Engine really looks like it belongs in that bay.

I'm trying to make it look somewhat factory. The gauge came from http://www.discounthydraulichose.com/ They have just about anything you'd want.

GenLightening

Yeah, it's a CHEVY!
Reaction score
Trans cooler

OK, here are some shots of how it's installed. I may add a plate on the bottom as a guard and as part of the fan mount.

Attachments

• Truck 011.JPG
    Truck 011.JPG
    828.9 KB · Views: 50
  • Truck 001.JPG
    Truck 001.JPG
    791.3 KB · Views: 43
  • Truck 009.JPG
    Truck 009.JPG
    944.3 KB · Views: 44

GenLightening

Yeah, it's a CHEVY!
Reaction score
A few more shots of the progress. The dash just needs some marks for the fuel gauge and it ca go in. I bit more on the wiring and that will be done. It does crank over with the key now!

Attachments

• Truck 006.JPG
    Truck 006.JPG
    258.4 KB · Views: 72
  • Truck 003.JPG
    Truck 003.JPG
    685.6 KB · Views: 99
  • Truck 001.JPG
    Truck 001.JPG
    481.6 KB · Views: 115

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Coolness! Love that IHC-Chevy thing, custom CNC-ed? Also great work on the dash cluster, looks near stock! Only thing I'd do a bit different would be the upper radiator hose, but if this works well then tis all good.

GenLightening

Yeah, it's a CHEVY!
Reaction score
The emblem is from Billet Badges. I had the idea, then Al went and made one first! I changed it a little, just because. What would you do to the hose, remove the Motorcraft logo? I had to lower it to clear the hood and then used some aluminum pipe just to be cool.

GenLightening

Yeah, it's a CHEVY!
Reaction score
Hey Alex, figured I'd stop the hijack.LOL

The tach gauge takes 3 wires, 12vdc, a ground and the signal from the sender. The sender has 2 wires, the signal to the tach and a ground. Very simple. I wish I had a before pic of the tach to show what it looks like. Let me know if you need any other info, I had to really look hard to find/figure out the wiring for the whole swap. There isn't much around for the schematics (Chevy or Ford), and what there is only gives you part of what you need. I have 5 or 6 diagrams that I've been refering to, and that still leaves me with questions. Good thing I have a head for puzzles!

Doug