amsoil diesel additive

freebird01

Post Turtle!
Reaction score
anyone else run this stuff? i managed to run out of 2cyl during my trip to NC and was running straight #2 for a few tanks and man did the truck get loud.....clicking and knocking (not bearing knock)....

the 2cyl oil made it run a good bit smoother but happened to be at Rausch creek with a buddy that was competeing and had to make a run to the parts store for u-joints (thats what he gets for driving a jeep...haha) and seen this amsoil diesel additive. was like $7.50 for a bottle that treated 100 gallons...

figured it was there and id try it...

when i filled up on my way back to the park i dumped some of this stuff in the truck...

after about half a tank i cant believe the different it made in the feel and noise of thise old 7.3. its almost quiet!! and seems to rev a little smoother too

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
It'll definitely smooth them out. their cetane boost gives a little more bang for the buck :D
Just don't try to use the amsoil additive for winter antigel.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
they call it an antigel, but then they only rate it something like 20 deg below what the fuel was good for before and i'm pretty sure they used decent northern fuel for testing, because on some good old fashioned watered down cruddy southern fuel it was pretty useless as far as an antigel when the cold snap came. I was out in the driveway in 15 deg with a propane torch thawing fuel lines to get my car started ( that said, when you consider really bad pump fuel will start to cloud around 36 deg the stuff probably would have held the fuel to about 26 so it would have probably done as advertised ..still didn't thrill me when the car didn;t fire. I'm used to running howes and running in any kind of cold)

For warmer weather operation it's some great stuff. Really keeps the idle detonation down.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JU57US

Staff online