All terrian towing tires

aaronr19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ive been looking around for some good 10 ply all terrian tires for towing.. Only got 11 thousand out of my other tires I haul a 5th constantly and go offroad a lot any suggestions on tires? Would like somthig I could get close to 30 thousand if not more heard some good and bads about hankook dynapros and some BFG a/t. Would like somone with first hand experience 1993 f250 7.3 non turbo have a set of 16 inch rims and 16.50 beleive my truck will fit up to 33 inch tires or smaller. Any help at all would be amazing

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
I have a set of Firestone Transforce A/T's on my Excursion. I am not sure the ply rating, but they have never left me stuck, not that I go off-roading but I have been in the mud and the muck and they pulled right through. Currently I have about 60,000 miles on them and will probably need replaced before winter (It is the vehicle that gets driven in the snow). I would say they will have close to 70k on them when they are replaced. They are not cheap, but are well worth it.

oztinker47

Reaction score
I tow heavy equipment into some pretty crazy places, so far the only set of tires that have held up have been wild country XTX, they haven't gotten cut up by the loose rocks and haven't had any excessive wear from highway travel, plus they are legal for winter travel in the mountains! No changing tires when the snow flies.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i run Hercules Terra Trac A/T on the Sulaco. No disappointments. 235/85/16 no sidewall contact with each other on heavy loads in the back.

Attachments

• P1020338.JPG
    P1020338.JPG
    151.5 KB · Views: 56

Ruger_556

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you want long lasting buy a truck tire not a sized up car tire... Toyo M-55, Bridgestone Duravis M700HD, Cooper S/T and now S/T Maxx also.

blue67chero

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Try the falken Rocky Mountain ats tires I've had good luck with them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can30Diesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ran BFG mud terrains (the classic version) for 4 years on my truck. They were load range D (not 10 ply) but they never gave me any problems, they have been through a brutal life.

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
I tow heavy equipment into some pretty crazy places, so far the only set of tires that have held up have been wild country XTX, they haven't gotten cut up by the loose rocks and haven't had any excessive wear from highway travel, plus they are legal for winter travel in the mountains! No changing tires when the snow flies.
I too run wild country xtx on my work truck, they did great in the snow this past winter and great in mud. this is on a 2007 chevy drw utility body van that is 2wd. weighs 11000 lbs....I like them