All Hail IDI Gods

mirage2521

Reaction score
To make a long story short, yesterday circumstances dictated that I go out in the yard, fire up "Big Red" (86 F-250) that has not been touched or even started in months and drive the poor thing 1000 miles pulling a trailer. To start the adventure it seems my glow plugs have ceased to work, I drove to a parts store and bought (god help me) ether. and used it on my truck, this is the first time this truck has tasted ether in its entire 230,000 miles, I felt like a drug dealer. Well, here I am in Florida safe and sound after leaving Virgina. The truck ran like a DREAM , I got 17-18 MPG, and we hummed along like a brand new PowerStroke, the only casualty of the trip is I somehow managed to lose one of the lens covers for my clearance lights. Does anyone know of a good source for original equipment clearance lights or covers. I really cannot believe the amount of neglect and lack of love these engines will endure and still come through like champions. IH and Ford sure hit a homerun with this combo, I have a 2003 PowerStroke and a MB 300D and the IDI is the MOST reliable of the 3 by far.:love:

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Poor Lady Moose has been sitting out in the cold and snow and hasn't run in 3 weeks at least. She had her 1st anniversary with us on Monday (got it a year ago). I owe her a celibration drive one of these days. Snow is melting slowly and keeps refreezing at night.

Mikes91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Heheheh....

These trucks WILL take lots of abuse... but one little piece of trash in the fuel filter will send them down the tubes in a hurry....

Grrrr....

JPR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What's the condition of the rest of the lights? I bought the orignal lights (lense, gasket and socket) in a set of five from the local big truck dealer for less than $30 total. That was less than Ford wanted for just the gaskets. The lights are made by Truck Lite and can be ordered by anyone who carries their brand.

Just found the number on their site, they are 25760Y for the individual light with gasket and socket. The set of five is 25760Y1 clicky

Last edited:

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Sweet link Jon.... Good find.:love:
Gotta replace the side marker lites on the fenders, just wishing the display pack was 6 instead of 5 or 10 for the side markers.-Drool

Anybody replaced the side markers with LEDs?

Ron;burnout

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanohawk