AirFilter system

NAIL BENDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What system do you have?

Is it working for you?

I have the ScottyII with the hole cut. Sounds great in the cab and egt's while driving are great.

gwhammy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
BHAF, seems allright sure does stay clean longer than the kn in stock box. I guess it is the extra surface area.

B

Big K

I tend to get in trouble on these air filter threads. Maybe I should stay out of this one:confused: LOL

NAIL BENDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by infidel
Scotty I works for me. I'm also using a TAG, highly recommend it-
http://www.dieselpowerproducts.com/tag

So there really is a noticeable difference with the TAG? Can you still hear the turbo at all with it installed? With the cowl hole cut out for the Scotty, and the silencer ring removed, that would be a lot of noise to cut down on. I like the sound of the turbo.

:D

CHarlan

Reaction score
I have the AFE Proguard 7... Great so far! Spools up alot faster than the SCOTTY II System.. LOTS faster!

infidel

Full of It
Reaction score
Originally posted by NAIL BENDER
So there really is a noticeable difference with the TAG? Can you still hear the turbo at all with it installed? With the cowl hole cut out for the Scotty, and the silencer ring removed, that would be a lot of noise to cut down on. I like the sound of the turbo.

:D
Very big difference with turbo noise with the TAG. You also get faster spool up and a smoother running engine.
The good folks at DPP will let you send it back for a full refund for the first 30 days.
They haven't had many returns...

tingram

Reaction score
afe pro guard 7 its an awesome filter i love mine spools up great and a big drop in egts well worth the money. i was going to get an exhaust housing untill i got this for christmas but now i dont need it.

tpruitt

Reaction score
Scotty air II for me. It's loud when you cut the whole but it cools really well.

Trey

B

Big K

Been meaning to contact you, Nathan. I scored on a brand new AFE Mega Cannon the other day for a fair $$. Its the newer model with the BLUE filter element. Thought you might be interested. :) Get yourself an Outerwears in your favorite accent color, and you're set to go :cool

Just want to do some testing with it this spring, but it's available anytime.