Air to water intercooler

2001 motorhome

Reaction score
Since I have a E450 7.3 and there is no room for a front mount intercooler without major cutting , was wondering if anyone has tried a air to water intercooler in the E series van ?

greenskeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since I have a E450 7.3 and there is no room for a front mount intercooler without major cutting , was wondering if anyone has tried a air to water intercooler in the E series van ?

Why?

What are your EGT temps?

Stock or modified?

Most EGT problems can be solved by downshifting into a lower gear and getting more air into the engine.

aggiediesel01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know about air to water but the 6.0 E-series had intercoolers in them. I'm not sure how different the radiator panel is than yours but that might be an easier place to start.

DaveBen

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was under the impression that the E Series did not have intercoolers due to the lack of space.

aggiediesel01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 7.3 did not, the 6.0s did. They have a different piping location on one side and the core is a bit thinner which some folks have thought would be helpful in retrofitting to our trucks requiring less trimming of the grill and support but I'm not sure if anyone has figured out how to make the different tube location work with our radiator panels. But on for a van application already seems like it's worth a looksee. The pipes are on there as well for reasonable prices too.

https://ebay.us/bQX5Zo

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1044042-6-0-e350-van-intercooler-fitment.html

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Members online