Air induction 7.3 idi

93superduty

Reaction score
Okay so I’m having some trouble with air induction and looking for guidance. I have a 93 f super duty with ambulance package. I originally found that it was leaking a tiny bit in the filter housing where the fuel heater pokes through. I ordered a new heater and replaced and it still leaked a wee bit. I pulled it again and did a hillbilly fix and put some pipe tape in o-ring groove then put o-ring back on and I no longer see a leak there but I still have air running through clear lines. I do not see any visible leaks following the fuel lines back to the single tank that was installed when fire department put a flatbed on it. The pictures are while truck is running

Attachments

• AC38EB12-1E91-4977-A5F5-C48EF6FA65CD.jpeg
    AC38EB12-1E91-4977-A5F5-C48EF6FA65CD.jpeg
    460.7 KB · Views: 17
  • B533493B-7BC6-4D78-BDF9-3F6E5DFA4F7B.jpeg
    B533493B-7BC6-4D78-BDF9-3F6E5DFA4F7B.jpeg
    405.5 KB · Views: 17

Jbone36

Reaction score
Im currently fighting with this as well. I have air intrusion from tank to pump and about to fix obvious leak at filter on heater connector. Most people are saying its usually in the injector lines but mine are new. Im so fed up with it that im debating coating the entire truck and engine in flex seal while the neighbors call the cops.

franklin2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
New does not mean good. Do either of you have any slight fuel dampness around the injector caps on top? A slight fuel dampened area means there is a place where air can get in with the engine off. Check all your hoses on the injectors, as well as around the injector pump, especially any return lines like the one off the filter head. Any wetness around a hose clamp is a air leak.

riphip

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jbone36. Did you replace the 'Olives' in the hard lines at the connections.
Your '93 may not have these, not for sure, May have a leaking fuel heater

Jay Krout

Reaction score
There is a small check valve type thing on the head of the filter mount housing..Its either the one in the middle or the one towards the back im not sure and its pouring down rain right now so Im not gonna go out and look. Thinkin im pretty sure its the one in the middle, if you take it out and can see right thru it it aint no good anymore. I replaced mine a few years ago and it fixed it right up. Hope this helps a bit

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Jbone36. Did you replace the 'Olives' in the hard lines at the connections.
Your '93 may not have these, not for sure, May have a leaking fuel heater
They all have olives. Some just have more than others do.