Air filter lid

larson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have an air filter lid that still has the bowl on it that I could buy off them?

Brian VT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd like one too. Hoping it quiets it down a bit?
(and I did read that there is some valid science for it that went over my head)

CalIDI

Reaction score
Maybe @Thewespaul from Classic Diesel Designs has one laying around. He is in Texas too. There is three of them on California craigslist right now, so maybe check in your area to see if anyone is parting out an IDI, or simply has an extra.

Looks like you've got a very nice sound system, in the meantime, turn it up! :rock:
Seriously though, I was wondering how the MTX subs match up to JL and Rockford Fosgate? I've never seen them in the same sentence together...

-CalIDI

larson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man that system sounded great but it is no longer in the truck. I sold the truck to my dad who didn't want it in there so I took it out. Then I got the truck back and I I don't want to give up the last spot of seat adjustment for a sound system.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
I'd like one too. Hoping it quiets it down a bit?
(and I did read that there is some valid science for it that went over my head)

Because after i removed it years ago now it is drastically louder in the cab when driving at 75-80 mph down the highway.
I just want it quieter that's all.
Yes it does work. I believe that's what it was there for. On the other hand, there's me. I just put the radiator fan back on my truck after it being off for over a year. I still can't get used to how much louder the truck is with that big fan on the water pump.

Old Goat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IDK, I imagine these trucks not having a lot of sound insulation is one factor with noise.
Another is maybe driving 70 - 80 MPH. Just a guess.

My 86 had the soup bowl when we bought it. I picked up a 80 Mercedes 240D in Sacramento a guy had on CL. Evidently Girls don`t check or know how to check the oil level. And this one has a nice window in the Block.
The guy selling it also has some Ford IDI`s, and asked me if I still had the Soup Bowl...never heard of it.
Said it would breath better etc.... and had a Lid w/o one, so we swaped.

I did pick up another 50HP. ;Poke

Didn`t really see any difference or any additional noise, and that was 5+ years ago.
With the Lid screwed down tight, and the Snorkel pulling air from the front, don`t see how there would be more noise.

But Iam and old DA driving an old truck, and old truck make noise like me. :flush

Goat

Black dawg

Reaction score
Be interesting to see if it actually cuts any noise. I have removed many of these, if no reason other than to make air filter changes easy.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7