Air bags front springs

idiabuse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a brick nose dually super cab and it rides nice when my aux tank is filled up but still would like a smoother ride when hitting minor pot holes and sometime the bigger ones you dont see in time.

Has anyone tried the firestone air bags for the front springs? and if you have do you have to remove the spring to install the bag?

Also I was wondering about the leveler kit sold by skyjacker to raise the front up, anyone have experience with this?

Ok one last question, since 1999 when I got my truck I have this freaking ringing noise in the front end that happens on mild bumps, it sounds like some ******* tied a tiny bell to my front end just drives me insane looking for the source.

All my front end is tight and my tires wear perfectly flat across.

Hey thanks for reading!

Javier

MIDNIGHT RIDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been meaning to put the Firestone air-bags inside my front coils for years.

I am fairly certain that installation requires spring removal, which is not quite so bad as it looks.

As it is, my F-350 rides like a pre-1978 Cadillac Sedan-De-Ville; however, the front travel-limiters have always been about 1/2-inch above the axles.

Several years ago, I spent a small fortune, replacing the front coils with a brand-new pair of highly-acclaimed after-market coils that claimed a 2-inch gain over stock height.

After a hard days work, we let the jacks down, and there was no gain whatsoever in ride height. :(

Hence, my desire to try the air-bags.

I hope someone with genuine experience will share their opinions and knowledge on the air-bags.

Matrix37495

The Amish Wolfman
Reaction score
On my TTB I've been seriously thinking about going to a full air setup. I was going to make some custom radius arms to support the bag and to mount the shocks to. I had a pretty god design ready to go, but never took the time to build it... Maybe i'll get it done someday...