ABS module

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
2001 Pontiac Montana ABS

ABS lite came on and the right rear wheel brake applied, squealed like hell. First thought was that the brake lineing had come loose, pulled the wheels and everything appears OK. Took it for a drive on snow and the ABS worked like it's supposed to. The brake fluid looks real dark so I'm gonna flush it tomorrow. :dunno

Black dawg

Reaction score
should probably scan it and see if it stored a code. gotta love wierd intermittent stuff.

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Spent 3 hrs on the net researching Pontiac Montana troubles. :puke: Oh my God, what a piece of crap these Vans are.
Lots and lots of rear wheel bearings replaced. Now I suspect that is the problem, not with the ABS system at all, the squealing evidently comes from the bearing tying up. Now that I think about it, went to move the van ahead a couple feet more and the right rear wheel was locked up, skidded 2 feet then with a bang it let loose. New rear wheel cartridge Azone $88.

Almost made me sick seeing all the troubles these Montana's had. No wonder GM discontinued the Pontiac. Hundred's of people said never a GM vehicle again. Outrageous repair bills. Don't build nothing but Junk.

Ford sales--Up 15%
GM sales--Up 6%
Toyota sales--UP 11%
Chrysler sales--Up 12%

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726