A word about dieselkleen

Farmer Rock

just a fella' without a 10mm socket
Reaction score
good advice, gnathy....I don't think my injectors are sticking, as I have VERY low miles, and it runs like new (just turned 13K, original---NOT a misprint...13k)...would like to keep this truck for life....so that's why I'm interested in anything that can keep it running tip-top....(you know, that "ounce of prevention" saying)....:)
13k miles???????? Good grief!

Rock

gnathv

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That’s amazing. Even with that low mileage I’d run stiction eliminator through it to keep the injectors and turbo journeys clean.

Diesel D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That’s amazing. Even with that low mileage I’d run stiction eliminator through it to keep the injectors and turbo journeys clean.

yes....that's what I was thinking...this truck sits a lot...in an insulated, heated garage....have actually seen signs of mice or chipmunks in my engine valley (gnawed hickory nuts), one of the perils of infrequently-driven vehicles....but so far, no gnawed wires or any indication that they've entered the cab....

Diesel D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
13k miles???????? Good grief!

Rock

...LOL....I know that's ridiculously low miles, but I actually use it year round....I tow an 8-ton dump trailer from local job sites, occasionally tow my buddy's big boat, and plow snow in the winter...ALL LOCALLY....I don't think I've ever put more than about 80 miles on a round trip.....(I put all my miles on a Dodge Caravan)....:)

gnathv

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have used them and found they worked. Had a chipmunk infestation in a shed, rats in a warehouse, and mice in the kitchen each time they caused the pests to move on.

Diesel D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have used them and found they worked. Had a chipmunk infestation in a shed, rats in a warehouse, and mice in the kitchen each time they caused the pests to move on.

Thanks, gnathv....will definitely consider it...

Last edited:

Diesel D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
...LOL....I know that's ridiculously low miles, but I actually use it year round....I tow an 8-ton dump trailer from local job sites, occasionally tow my buddy's big boat, and plow snow in the winter...ALL LOCALLY....I don't think I've ever put more than about 80 miles on a round trip.....(I put all my miles on a Dodge Caravan)....:)

by the way....I hope that the limited use of my diesel does not disqualify me from membership to this forum....y'all are a great source of info....:thumbsup:

Cubey

Van dweller
Reaction score
I have VERY low miles, and it runs like new (just turned 13K, original---NOT a misprint...13k)...

My 85 RV has 74.9k miles but I put 5k of those miles on myself in the past 2 years. (Barely drove it in 2020, though). 2021's plans should put another 3-5k on it unless something bad comes up. At 7.9mpg (towing a light enclosed fiberglass trailer) that's still an expensive drive. (4k miles = about $1300 based on about $2.50-$2.60/gal) If diesel skyrockets to $4/gal again, if I'm close to my F250, I'll proabbly go back to using that. 14mpg beats 8mpg by a long shot. If I don't just end up selling the F250 and getting a minivan for 20+ mpg.

nelstomlinson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Diesel D, if your trying to help your injectors, the best product I’ve used is hot shots secret stiction eliminator. Goes in oil not fuel. If your injectors are sticky from stiction (varnish build up) this will clean them. It is a little pricy but so are injectors.
Gnathv, I don't think the oil ever touches our injectors?

gnathv

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nelstomlinson, if you’ve seen the way some idis smoke I’d say it does lol Diesel D has a 2002 that he’s talking about

nelstomlinson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nelstomlinson, if you’ve seen the way some idis smoke I’d say it does lol Diesel D has a 2002 that he’s talking about
Right, I replied then read the further discussion. I've always blamed the serious smoke from some of my fleet on dribbling injectors. These old beasts should be able to burn motor oil pretty cleanly.

Paul Petraitis

Reaction score
As a side note, Mexico has or use to have the best high sulfer diesel fuel around. When I use to take my 6.9 there in the early 2000 and fuelup my truck never ran so good! Just mentioning that cause your name is Mexican Joe.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
William88

Members online