a quick Welcome, new members

soulpatchfr

goat herder
Reaction score
a quick "Welcome, new members"

i've noticed a lot of new OB'ers here in The Basement, and wanted to extend a "Welcome"... take your coat off, grab a cold one :cheers: & stick around a while.
be sure to check out the Sticky Threads at the top, as well as the Tech Articles at the very top of the page. i'd say it's the best library of info about our trucks available on Al Gore's Internet!

We're seeing a good number of familiar 'faces' around here, too ;Sweet
i think some of you 'old timers' will find yourselves feeling right at home.

again, glad to see all the new 'faces' and Welcome to OB's basement :thumbsup:

Last edited:

bikepilot

Turbo IDI
Reaction score
I'm probably one of the new one's mentioned. I've hung around TDS and FTE a bit, but I think this is my new home:)

A quick introduction of myself - I'm 23, live in NoVA, like economics, motorcycles and airplanes. I work as a research assistant for an economist just outside Wash DC.

I use my truck to haul the motorcycles that aren't street legal to the track or trails and to haul anything else I can't fit on the back of my street bike or in my wife's civic.

Here's my Truck doing what it usually does - hauling a few dirt bikes around.
You must be registered for see images

Yesterday my wife and I went and got a load of firewood in the Truck.

Here's how I got the first part of my screen name.
You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Here's how I got the latter part of my screen name...

Well that's me in a nutshell. Thanks for the welcome:D

geonc

SPIDER BAIT
Reaction score
I kinda figgerd' that was where your handle originated ;Sweet
Just wasn't sure weather private or commercial air....on both counts LOL

;Sweet rig and seeings how you aren't too far north, I'll put your name in the invite list for the spring pig pickin'

..... even got enough room for a landing strip if ya wanna fly in :eek: LOL ....

WELCOME to Oilburners:cheers:
GEO

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
is it me or does it look like hes flippin the bird in the plane picture? :rotflmao

6_Myles

I be architect'n
Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome. I am becoming more and more convinced that this is where all the "cool" people hang out. ;Really

The search feature alone makes this place 1 million times better.

ramon f350

Reaction score
I see that you have found our secret hideout LOL yes this indeed is where all the "cool kids" hang out. hope you stick around its a great place to be

Ramon

160k87F250

not rocket science
Reaction score
;Sweet I like hanging here, too. Was at TDS for a long time, neverposted much, so the censorship and moderation never bothered me personally. But I migrated here, and it seems more friendly and I respond more. Now I have reasons to keep this truck, or maybe look for another IDI. And to think I was looking at going to the darkside 2 years ago cookoo
John

troutwest66

Ricer-Roni The IDI Treat
Reaction score
Another Hulk Truck!

Bikepilot,

We have identical trucks! ;Sweet I've got the 5 spd and I didn't see what tranny you have. My buddy just bought a '94 PSD that is identical to mine, there is a gasser in my town the same as mine and I saw another turbo diesel in Spokane this fall like mine. I've got some pics of mine on disc somewhere I need to get posted. Great looking truck and welcome. Welcome to all the newer members as well! :thumbsup:

bikepilot

Turbo IDI
Reaction score
My trans is a sorry old E4OD - wish it were a 5spd though (and it may well be before I'm done with the truck).

Thanks for the welcome. (and on most all the pictures I posted you can click on the image for a larger one - only the older pics that are scans are actually low res pics - just incase anyone want's to sort the hand gesture from the T-6 ;)).

Just FYI - I don't have a plane or even a full license just yet, but fly whenever I can afford it. I got an hour and fifteen minutes of front seat aero time in a 1955 T6 for my B-day last June. It was amazing fun pulling inverted 4-g turns, loops, rolls, Immelmans, 4-leaf clovers etc with that 1350cid superchaged radial just pulling along.

I raced Motorcross during my Senior year of highschool and Harescrambles during my year between highschool and college (graduated a year early to ride a bit more). Once in college I didn't have the $$ or time to remain competitve so I just did a little trail riding from time to time. I graduated college almost two years ago (seems like yesterday) and am gettting back into riding again. Hopefully will be racing again next summer. I got married almost a year ago and my wife has taken a likeing to motorcycles as well so we go on camp-outs/trail rides from time to time as well. Not exactly race pace yet, but great fun.

Here's some trail riding pictures from last summer and fall respectively.

Last edited:

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
160k87F250 said:
;Sweet Now I have reasons to keep this truck, or maybe look for another IDI. And to think I was looking at going to the darkside 2 years ago cookoo
John

:D Stick around, we'll help ya spend some of your money......They did it to me too. :rolleyes:

beretzs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats pretty cool. My best friends live in Stafford. They like the area, and both of them are diesel nuts and huge JEEP nuts.. Anyhow, maybe in a few months I will be a little closer with a move to North Carolina. Scotty

Cowboy_Customs

Rhinestone Cowboy
Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome guys, I acctually had 4 guys from here envite me on over from TDS. Im finding myself spending more and more time here each time im on. This place is a riot! ;Sweet
Hey bikepilot I like the sheet metal! it matches my tailgate perfect! hehehe

:draw

Exekiel69

Reaction score
bikepilot said:
I'm probably one of the new one's mentioned. I've hung around TDS and FTE a bit, but I think this is my new home:)

A quick introduction of myself - I'm 23, live in NoVA, like economics, motorcycles and airplanes. I work as a research assistant for an economist just outside Wash DC.

Wellcome. Wath part out of dc are you? I'm from Silver Spring Maryland.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online