A GREAT WOMAN

hoodshauler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tanya called me today and told me I think the starter on the truck has gone out. She said it is clicking on the fender but will not urn over. I was on the road so i was not much help other than to tell her I would fix it when I got home tonight. :dunno I told her it was not a big deal I could fix it in very little time an effort.

With that said we ended our conversation. About two hours later I get another phone call Asking me If I could come by the house on my way back to the terminal and pick up the starter and get the free new one ( life time warranty) ;Sweet on my way home. I said it would have to be taken off , and asked who she was going to get to take it off. She then says I have already taken it off it is sitting on the ground waiting for you. Of course I laughed and she said I did. She told me, You said it was not that hard so I figured what the hell I could prolly do it. So she goes looks under the truck locates the starter. Comes back in the house gets on oilburners looks up the tech artical on replacing the starter prints it out gets the tools and goes for it.

She sent me pics on my cell phone to prove it was out

NOW IF THATS NOT A GREAT WOMEN I DONT KNOW WHAT IS!!!!!!!!:hail :hail

swampdigger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The best part is finding the tech article, and printing that out. Some dudes I know have the hardest time finding the right info before they destroy their trucks.

hoodshauler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh yeah forgot to mention that I brought the new starter home put it in and she is off and running again.

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
hoodshauler said:
She then says I have already taken it off it is sitting on the ground waiting for you. Of course I laughed and she said I did. She told me, You said it was not that hard so I figured what the hell I could prolly do it. So she goes looks under the truck locates the starter. Comes back in the house gets on oilburners looks up the tech artical on replacing the starter prints it out gets the tools and goes for it.

She sent me pics on my cell phone to prove it was out

NOW IF THATS NOT A GREAT WOMEN I DONT KNOW WHAT IS!!!!!!!!:hail :hail

:eek: :eek: :Thumbs Up

Holy schnikies..... BJ I think you might be on the way out as the Peppermint mechanic.;p

Tanya doesn't have an excuse to blow up another motor and have you and Eric drop another in............

Oooooo I'm gonna get it fer that one.LOL

Good job Tanya!;Sweet

f-two-fiddy

Reaction score
lmao Darrin

Gotta give it up for her.

I drove 60 miles one way, to change a tire for my little lady. Wouldn't want her to break a nail or anything. I do like playing the sound game with her, though.

"My car was making this funny noise today" "Oh yeah? what'd it sound like?"...... I get a kick outta that one every time

GaPchNCrm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lol

Y'all are to much. :hail

It was rather comical, the sound of total disbelief in BJ's voice when I said I took the starter off. I didn't call him to ask him what to do, because I knew he would tell me to leave it alone. I did IM Eric to tell him about it afterwards and when I told him, his response was " no freakin way" LOL which was kinda BJ's response too.... :dunno Eric asked me what possessed me to do this and I said well 1. Because I thought I could do it and 2. It would keep BJ from having to drive home, take it off, go back to the nearest town ( 30 miles away) come back and put it back on which would have made for a long night for us all. :rolleyes: So, I came inside, got on here, and thanks to Mels tech articles ( and thanks to Tim for writing it!) and my printer, and BJ's tool box I had everything I needed to take it off, so off it came. I will say it went better than I expected but it was a royal pain for me to hold the starter up and take the bolts out. I apparently need longer arms for that. Anyhow, THANK YOU for all the comments, that made my night. I was rather proud of myself for doing it and doing it all on my own ;Sweet

Oh yeah I will add that I wanted to put the new one in but I was busy when BJ got home and he didn't wait on me. It was getting dark so he went ahead and did it. But I would have! And F-2- I had done the whole hair and makeup thing to go out for a while when I realized the starter was toast. I did tell BJ " I didn't even mess up my makeup!" :rotflmao

Chuck I do but under a truck is the last place you would find either of them. Actually- neither one of them have bothered to even get their drivers licenses yet- and they are both over 18!

Darren- he cooked dinner :love:

Ron- :backoff LOL

Jonathan- ;p

Larry- That did the trick!

Ranger- I have read those tech articles more than y'all would think. I think they need to be printed into a book and mailed to each new member lol

Travis that was to funny. He already said he was going to sit in his recliner and let me and Eric do the next engine swap. What he didn't say was that at one point I was under the truck with both of them helping. :)
And TY Rubber- very sweet of you.

Hope you all have a great night and thanks again!

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Tanya.... I am impressed to say the least. I know the courage it took to even try something like this. Just the amperage from both batteries are enough to wake the dead if you didn't disconnect the positives on both batteries let alone working upside down with that big weight. I know guys that wont even look under their trucks let alone try and find the top hidden bolt. If my wife had done this for me I would be hard pressed saying no to her dream ranch she found. Asking price is $1.975 mil...... You are really a neat person and one of the guys thats for sure.....;Sweet :hail :angel:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online