A GREAT WOMAN

93turbo_animal

Reaction score
So, I came inside, got on here, and thanks to Mels tech articles ( and thanks to Tim for writing it!) and my printer, and BJ's tool box I had everything I needed to take it off,

Good job Tonya the only problem I see is you need your own tools cause you just don't mess with a country boys tool box

GaPchNCrm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Aric- I have my own tools but somehow he ends up with them :D If he can " borrow" mine I can " borrow" his back ;)

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well for those of you who haven't met Tanya, let me tell you - she's got the whole package! BJ's a lucky man!

Tanya, spank it baby! :moon: -Drool

f-two-fiddy

Reaction score
Yeah, just from what I've read here. I can tell the folks down @ Take Home Farm are some good people's.

Any woman with the gumption to tackle auto/truck repair is a real keeper, in my book. Props to you Tanya! ;Sweet

By the way, Nice web site too. :thumbsup:

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
I will say it went better than I expected but it was a royal pain for me to hold the starter up and take the bolts out. I apparently need longer arms for that.

I've got news for you, that's a royal pain for anyone, even with air tools :hail

My wife has helped me stuff a couple of lighter engines on cars, but I'd be terrified if she tried to pull a starter by herself. She make's it a practice to refuse to read directions for anything. I would have come home to a charred pile of ashes where the truck used to be :rotflmao

Now my sister does most of her own work on her car and motorcycle ( sorry guys , she's married :backoff

----------Robert

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will say it went better than I expected but it was a royal pain for me to hold the starter up and take the bolts out. I apparently need longer arms for that.

Naw, according to my Dad ya just need to hold your tounge in the right spot;p

It was a PITA job when I was young and healthy, now it just plain S--ks with a right shoulder that don't work.

Kudos Tanya...............BJ ya got a keeper;Sweet

GaPchNCrm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
omg

Mel- I just don't even know how to respond to that. Well, maybe like this. -Showtits :rotflmao Also :hail to you for the tech articles!

you guys are a trip. I really didn't expect this kind of response. But thank you. It was a great feeling of satisfaction to be able to call BJ and tell him " guess what I did". Makes me appreciate what him and Eric went thru with the engine swap even that much more! :hail :hail :hail

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Good Job

Tanya. I'm sure looking back now it seems like "it was nothing" but what you did shows great courage to tackle something without knowing where it was going to end up. This site is designed to help everyone, not just the guys. With your resoursefullness of knowing where to find answers is the way people get ahead in this world. I have known workers that wouldn't make a decision without "asking the boss" because he or she was available. Of all the people I have trained in my 29 years in the power generation I never just gave away the answers. I would ask, "How do you think this goes together or what do you think is wrong". That way they had to at least try to think it thru and they weren't handed something for nothing. This world has way to many saying "I don't know whats wrong. Please fix it for me while I wait". Courage is what you have and anybody that calls you their partner in life is very lucky. Even if the next thing you take on doesn't turn out exacty right don't give up. Sometimes making mistakes is how we learn. As always your one of the guys.... Friendly, Gary (icanfixall)

oldmisterbill

Grumpy Old Man
Reaction score
I remember when Tanya first showed up on the site.She has been an contributing member ever sinc3e. Not afraid to get into the stream-get her hands dirty. I have spoke to her on the phone-compasionate hard working caring. Definatly a team player. BJ hug her be proud of her.We are all proud of her. Good Job Tanya !!!!

range ridin

Reaction score
good job Tanya. My wife has done the same here. Somethin bout country gals;Sweet Anyway as far as copying all the articles and putting in a book for all new members, well Im on my third set of inkers on my set:eek:

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyway as far as copying all the articles and putting in a book for all new members, well Im on my third set of inkers on my set:eek:

Ohhhhhhhhh....Didn't realize there was that much info there. If you're not doing so already. .......when you print go into the properties and set it to "rough draft" or "fast draft" and the pages will print faster and use a ton less ink, text will be good and pictures are usually decent like this. Save your Normal and Photo settings for pictures, resumes, term papers etc...

range ridin

Reaction score
thanks tonka doc ya i was printing the old manuals a friend sent me too. gonna keep all my stuff on hardcopy in the barn and on here:dunno