A friend wanting more power

Dieselmaster

Diesel addict
Reaction score
I have a friend with a Duramax who is wanting to get more power... He had some other chip or tuner and it was causing him problems with his tranny...

I was recommending the Edge Juice, but I seem to recall some mod needing to be done to the tranny to keep it from going into limp mode any time you jump on it real hard....

Am I just mistaking or do any of you know about tunring up the power on a D-max... And is there something better for the Dmax... He really doesn't want insane power ... just something for better towing and to make it a little peppier...He already has an intake, 4" exhaust, and a gauge pod with pyro trans and boost...

Thanks for any help or advice..

D

ISurvivedNMU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Edge is great... Keep it at 90HP or less...and no mods needed... Constant abouse at 90HP will take its toll... But he will like level 2 and 3 a lot....(60 and 75HP).... Great chip...

Swany

Consiglieri
Reaction score
Most of the duramax's have issues with the tranny once chipped, sure it just isn't his tranny?

Dieselmaster

Diesel addict
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies...

Swany,

That was my thought... I remember a user at TDS who went by the name Mtomac or something like that... had a burly chip and such but had something done to the tranny to keep it from having issues...

ISNMU,

Didn't you have a Dmax at one time?

My biggest issue is this guy is a neat freak for one and so **** that he can be a straight up a-hole... so with me making recommendations I am worried about him coming back to me if something happens... He's not really the kind who understands that you pay to play... But on the otherhand he is fun...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance