A/C COMPRESSOR COMPATABILITY

MIDNIGHT RIDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 1985 BRONCO II with factory A/C.

For several years, the A/C system has leaked out the gas about as fast as it goes in; so, therefore, the A/C compressor has mostly just went along for the ride.

Several have been interested in buying the Bronco (I put a new engine in it about 1500 miles ago, not one of my smartest moves); although, I had not been trying to sell it.

I noticed that the A/C compressor on the BRONCO II looks the same as the A/C compressor on my 1985 F-350.

Are they, in fact, the same compressor?? or compatible??

If so, I may remove the A/C compressor from the Bronco and lay it aside for the time when the one on my F-350 quits.

Thanks for any in-put.

sassyrel

Reaction score
the only diff might be the internal piston dia--check at a parts house--they can tell you if there the same-----

NJKen

is a daddy!
Reaction score
They both should be FS6 compressors. If so, they are indeed the same. I know the F350 is a FS6 and you can verify the B2 by asking at a parts store.
Ken

MIDNIGHT RIDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, I will check the number of the Bronco at the Auto-parts.

No use letting a good A/C compressor get away when I might need it someday.

NJKen

is a daddy!
Reaction score
I checked, they are the same. The clutch and pully may be or just look different because there are options betwen the two trucks. The clutch will interchange between them though so it could easily be changed.
Ken

MIDNIGHT RIDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for checking.

I will take that unit off and put it in storage.

As cheap as I priced the Bronco, it won't hurt whoever buys it to hunt up a compressor, should they ever wish to find the leaks and fix the A/C.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle