96 Super Duty 4x4 ZF5

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
I can't tell if they're bent. But I bet they are.
Being as he says it needs a new fan, water pump, and radiator.

IMO, $2k is what I'd pay.

Probably just needs a CPS.

Sent from my USCC-C6721 using Tapatalk

tanman_2006

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With the frame damage that usually totals a truck. Frame shops are expensive too. 1500 and he can keep the pos bed is the best I would do for a non running truck with frame damage. BUT if he proved the stroke ran and didnt drain the oil or get ran w/ out coolant then I might be willing to listen.

Like I said, frame damage isnt fun to fix, it took 3 shops 6 months to fix my dad brand new 08 F250 that got T Boned in the bale bed w/ 500 miles on it.

mudslut350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
on top of mentioned above looks like oil in the tailpipe and yeah no good haha bad ass looking truck maybe worth 2k in parts axles alone at least 1k. frame could be fixed if you know what your doing me and a buddy bent his back with a front end loader after he went airborne. basically what had happened was he launched it off a level surface and nose dived into soft sand bent frame rails down forward of the engine mounts from the axle pushing back breaking the t case and trans also. we picked it up with a front end loader that bent it back straight then fish plated it with 1/4 plating haven't had a problem since lol. like i said its all depends on if you can fix it you will have to make it stronger because its weak from the bend. make sure the engine block is not damaged where the water pump connects also if it is forget it lol.

tanman_2006

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Head on collisions can do more than bend the frame horns. The rails can get missaligned and cause crab crawling, all of the mentioned stress points at every crossmember can be weakened, rivets stretched, body mounts scrwed up. My dads truck ended up with cracked exhaust manifolds 10K after he got it back and had had front end issues like no other.

If those frame horns are bent and I am planning to put more stress on it by adding it to my fleet of trucks that are tagged for 36,500 GCVW then IF I buy it it will need to go to a proffesional straightening shop and be gone over with a fine tooth comb. All things I can and would do but not for a $3500 truck with possible engine trouble.

My 00 Dually was bought with a salvage title that had been totaled again but approved to be rebuilt. Had an engine fire but the chassis still only had 46K miles on it. None of the paint was damaged either. Needed an engine wiring harness and new engine. Basically I bought a good chassis. That ford might not have a good engine or chassis.

Hard for me to decide a value.

Last edited:

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That looks like a F450. I would surely get the VIN an run a check on it. Spend the $30, might tell ya something.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online