94 F350 dually drum or disc brakes?

frankenwrench

overkill is under rated!
Reaction score
Except that you now have a different wheel bolt pattern on the rear than is on the front.
That is correct. But it was still cheaper for me to take this rout.now if only I could find a way to adapt the front to match. Someone here had found a solution to that issue, I just forgot what it was. Doesn't bother me either way.

Kizer

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Someone here had found a solution to that issue

I'd sure like to hear more about this. I like the idea of rear disk as, as long as you have good trailer brakes.

Beside that, I'm looking to graduate from 215/85's (dually) and every 8 on 6.5 wheel option seems too expensive to me + still have PITA drums.

An SD rear axle and solution for the front hubs would be ideal.

u2slow

bilge rat
Reaction score
SD rear axle, front hub solution, wheels, prop valve, master cyl....

Makes hydroboost seem cheaper. And it makes brakes on both ends work better.

frankenwrench

overkill is under rated!
Reaction score
SD rear axle, front hub solution, wheels, prop valve, master cyl....

Makes hydroboost seem cheaper. And it makes brakes on both ends work better.
Not sure how being my conversion costed all of 170 bucks and a few hours of my time

93didually

Reaction score
I used the econoline rear dual piston on two duallys one hydro one vacuum boost. Did change to the superduty 1 3/8 master cylinder on both. Haul a 3 horse mid tack weekender gooseneck, the hydro definitely stops better but vacuum one is still better then the drum. I didn't like that the kits are single piston, rather use
oem type Ford. Granted it was some work doing the dually but single wheel is nearly bolt on. Well worth the it.

jwsfarrier

Full Access Member
Reaction score
93didually,So you converted over to disc then used the econoline dual piston. I like the thought of that especially being OEM. Would happen to have a parts list and or part # for you conversion. Thanks a bunch

93didually

Reaction score
I went to a you pull yard, sawed off the axle ends for the flange and everything for the brakes, 07 and down 08 uses a larger rotor. Had a spare set of hubs drilled the same bolt pattern on center six holes each for oem studs pressed from the wheel side. May need to machine the back side diamater to fit 3 inch wheel spacers, rotor will bolt to the studs on the spacer. There is more if you are still interested in it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Members online