94 F-350 IDIT Build Thread

Kevo1288

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well my starter decided it was time to quit after the 25 years it had been in the truck. It was the original mitsubishi starter. I know this is no North Star starter but this is single handedly the best thing I've ever done to this truck, it cranks so fast now! Its got two new batteries last fall and now this i got scared hearing it crank so fast

You must be registered for see images attach

Kevo1288

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got a good amount done this weekend, would have got more done but an employee at the parts store called out so i covered today.

Sound deadener on pillars and rear of cab, ill do floor and firewall when the truck gets a zf5. Also picked up my intercooler and modded my bezel with an led for low water **** indication and installed my fastronix push botton for cdds @Thewespaul manual glow plug conversion.

Last edited:

Kevo1288

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh and i also did the doors up last weekend, along with new strikers.

Kevo1288

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And lost oil pressure on the way home. Sounds like a spun bearing, oil pressure gauge spikes from nothing to 1/2 on
factory gauge and lost a lot of power. Saw the gauge as soon as it acted up coasted down the hill n shut it off in a safe spot.

Last edited:

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dang man. Any oil on the dipstick? The oil feed line could have cracked and emptied all the oil while it was the running, I’ve seen that happen before. Keep us posted with what you find.

Kevo1288

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dang man. Any oil on the dipstick? The oil feed line could have cracked and emptied all the oil while it was the running, I’ve seen that happen before. Keep us posted with what you find.

Dipstick is full @Thewespaul , it lost power too... im pretty sure i can hear a lower end knock from the factory intake tube. It was so sudden and it blows my mind.

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Was it smoking? That’s really odd to have just loose oil pressure like that, not very common on these engines to spin a bearing unless it runs without oil. I would hook up a mechanical oil pressure gauge and verify if the factory gauge is working or not. The loss of power and poor sounds don’t point to just a gauge issue tho.

Kevo1288

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can tell you right now its def nkt just a gauge issue, the truck acts differently. Ill have to get a video or something this week. It def does not sound normal.

I was shocked, like i never would have thought.

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pull the intake boot off the turbo and check all that out. If you had a seal blow out it would register no oil pressure

Kevo1288

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pull the intake boot off the turbo and check all that out. If you had a seal blow out it would register no oil pressure

Ill be doing this later today, if it is a rod bearing when I pull the motor, I will probably just be throwing rod bearings at it if the crank checks out. A friend told me the rod would have to be replaced the whole 9 yards, I don't believe that. Someone change my mind?

Kevo1288

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I pulled off the intake and the turbo is mint, fins, side to side , in n out, rotates fine with pressure on the shaft in any direction.... i pulled the dipstick and found condensation today, also condensation in the cdr tube. My buddy did say he smelt coolant when we fired it up to idle on n off the trailer and there was minor white smoke not horrendous but smoke not there before.

It seems to have enough oil based off the dipstick reading yesterday as soon as i shut it down and the amount in the bucket.

I did run a magnet through the oil n picked up nothing, had no filter wrench and couldnt get the filter off today. I only crank it on by hand so was surprised.

My truck had a slight weep from the front main i believe but this seems to have plastered the driver front corner of the bay (topside dry as a bone), and left 5 spots from the splattered oil vs the one usual dime sized drip.

I thought it may have been unrelated so I never mentioned anything but the truck has always dripped cool in after it's been run a long time and seeing boost often during that run period, as if the cooling system was getting pressurized, so i wonder if i did finally lose a headgasket. Turbo was bone dry so im at a loss on the oil pressure issue unless it spun a bearing simultaneously .