93 7.3 idi need E4OD transmission

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
Yea thats not a bad price.

Just to give you a little idea about the E4OD transmission, in case you dont know. My experience with them, in standard rebuild applications, is it's very much hit and miss if they will last very long. The E4OD in my dads company truck was rebuilt twice last year and before that the one lasted 3 years, and before that it was rebuilt 3 times in two months.
So if that E4OD actually has a quality Torque Converter and clutch pack it is an awesome price. Just don't go for anything that is a standard rebuild.

slp20045

Reaction score
Well he said that it comes with steel plates and steel forward and reverse planetaries along with the 4 piston valve body instead of the 2 piston oem valve body

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
Sounds like a really good deal to me. Does anyone else know anything about E4OD's? Is this company doing the same process to their transmission as BTS?

slp20045

Reaction score
but on a further note the guy told me that the early 90's mechanical version of the E4OD tranmission are alot easier to tune up and rebuild

trackspeeder

Stone crusher.
Reaction score
Well he said that it comes with steel plates and steel forward and reverse planetaries along with the 4 piston valve body instead of the 2 piston oem valve body

Well, a good note is they replace the gear set if they are aluminum. All the E4OD valve bodies are the same. :dunno

77f250diesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Be real carefull here !
There's been a couple of tranny rebuilders down here that close one buisness and open another under a different name several times.
If you picked this off ebay, be carefull, that's where they use to sell.
I'd check how long their in buis. and at that location.
I hope I'm wrong, but just check it out before sending any money.

Dennis

sootman73

Reaction score
yea i wouldn't trust that trans shop your talking about. there are so many variables with an E4OD that have to be just right or you'll have a host of weird problems that will drive you insane!!!!

first off the early versions are the worst because they made many updates as the years went on and upgraded a lot of parts. like in 95 they upped the volume and pressure of the pump at low rpms.(good for low revving diesels)

and the early trans forward drum shaft weren't even hardened which let the splines peel right off the shaft. my brother just did this actually. no load 2wd truck with a 351. what do you think the torque of a 7.3l would do to it!

slp20045

Reaction score
The guy said that they use a 96 and up forward and reverse steel planets with the bigger shafts

oldmisterbill

Grumpy Old Man
Reaction score
I am very pleased with my Jasaper reman-all ity ever did was tow and it did great.I feel a propeerly maintained E40D is without a doubt the best overdrive trans I have ever had. Keep it coolwith clean oil and clean electrical connections and drive it! Its nice in hilly country to only have to bend your ankle a little to make it shift when U need it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle