89 7.3 banks sidewinder turbo kit upgrades?

ComatoseLlama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got my 89 f350 custom cclb 7.3 a few months ago and have been wondering if there are any turbo wheel upgrades for my banks kit? Website and support say it's designed for high rpm, high stress engagement. It is the old school sidewinder kit with the big aluminum intake so nothing on the banks website says it fits.

The turbo normally won't spool until around 2100, I'm looking for a turbo that spools at a lower rpm and maxes out at near stock levels of boost, something like the wicked wheel for the ATS kits. I've had no luck with google, aside from getting a whole new kit.

Thanks, CL

Garbage_Mechan

Garbage Mechanic
Reaction score
You came to the right place. thewespaul will be along or pm him. Seems like an S257 or similar has been done. R&D and typ4 are further places to go look.

Slicknik

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@ComatoseLlama

Your better off getting another turbo all together , one that is reliable/rebuildable.

(Classic diesel design is one good source for parts and direction ) A+ customer service from what I hear

I run this current first gen setup, max boost is 7psi while using the banks recommended amount of increased fuel , (I think its 2 or 3 flats from stock n/a)

If your a cheap screw like me you could just turn the fuel up by 1/2 to 1 flat If your looking for more power but I recommend getting a pyrometer for this route ,don’t want to melt pistons

Idk where you got that info on spooling but that’s wrong , you get max boost way before 2100, peak torque happens at 1850 rpm, with the first gen sidewinders kit