'87-'91 Headlights

hoodshauler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I certainly do like the "sealed beam" look of the 80-86 series, I also really like the 92-96 series when you upgrade to the "Free Form Reflector" light housings like the ones pictured here.

Eventually IMHO it would be cool to modify a 92.96 clip to look like these pictures of the white CC here,cookoo :love: as well as use those clear dark lights.;Sweet ;Sweet

that crew cab custom grill is cool
;Sweet

Clydesdale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
not a fan of the lights per se.. (fath in law is a Portugee.. no help on the language though)

But this.. I like...

A Fjordalanche

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

rhkcommander

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I tried Mequiar's PlastX, it seemed a little quicker and easier than straight buffing compound. Mine are now clear enough that I can see the inside is cloudy.
Use sandpaper and PlastX. I think i went up to 1200grit, i have up to 2500 but no need. I have some light cracks but you can only see them up close. Its been 6 months :sly

I always did wonder why the generation got skipped for euro lights :dunno

JPR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
3 year old thread?

Last year I replaced the head lights with a set of oem style lights. Nice to have clear lights again. Replaced the tail lights at the same time.

Fordsandguns

Fords Rule
Reaction score
Use sandpaper and PlastX. I think i went up to 1200grit, i have up to 2500 but no need. I have some light cracks but you can only see them up close. Its been 6 months :sly

I always did wonder why the generation got skipped for euro lights :dunno

I've done the sandpaper and plastic polish before.
As to why they were skipped I guess they figured everyone disliked them so no one would want to spend money on upgrades?:dunno cookoo

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Harbor Freight has some Chinky 9006 and 9007 bulbs for $6, just changed mine in all three trucks to them (9007) they are really bright White instead of the yellow color.

rhkcommander

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its too bad really, I think they look good myself. I like the prior generation too:dunno

Might go junk yard hopping to find a glass lense thats around the size. Otherwise I suppose you could replace the plastic bit:confused:

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you want sealed beams on a bricknose truck, get a hold of someone from Australia, most of their trucks of that body style have sealed beams. It is on my own to-do list...

whodeestyo

Reaction score
I have been polishing headlights for years. Not with a quick fix crappy method. But a 6 step wet sand and two step polish. I will tell you that my trucks headlights, tail lights, and turn signals came out as new! they do not look repaired or (fixed) but new. I will gladly share the simple knowledge if interested. It takes 30-and hour depending on condition per set. Costs about 5-10$. I have great before and after pics of my pickup. I cant get them to load.. anywho- let me know if anyones interested. If your in the Philadelphia Pa area i would be happy to show you personally.

Attachments

• IMG_0436.JPG
    IMG_0436.JPG
    851.3 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_0439.JPG
    IMG_0439.JPG
    777.7 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_0437.JPG
    IMG_0437.JPG
    883.3 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_0438.JPG
    IMG_0438.JPG