'87-'91 Headlights

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you want sealed beams on a bricknose truck, get a hold of someone from Australia, most of their trucks of that body style have sealed beams. It is on my own to-do list...
FWIW I went so far as to check some Aussie auction sites and contact a couple of Aussie parts suppliers...they weren't very much help, except to say that, even down there, the sealed-beam setups aren't easy to get a hold of and are ridiculously expensive (like over $500 per side :shocked: ) when you do find one.

OTOH, maybe they were just trying to get this bloody Yank to quit pestering them...so, maybe someone else (especially with contacts in Oz) would have better luck?

Reaction score
Yes, i have some friends in Melbourne and he even looked through some junkyards for me with no luck. He said they are not so common. The trucks, not just the lights. SO, I figure S. America is the place you need to go, and you can drive there...

rhkcommander

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I confirmed the headlights are the same shape, I need to uninstall a ford light and the other to compare them though...

Just got the truck up and running so I should be able to go out and find out how viable it is :sly