85 F250 6.9 NA Issues

69IDI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah i am happy with the purchase although it gave me hell the first 50 miles getting back. Its nice having power though.

69IDI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also whats the biggest tire i can fit on that stock height?? It is a 4x4 truck.

D.A.V_Oil_Brnr

M88 Junky
Reaction score
Rubber

Your old truck? Or the one you got today? Mine is lifted with 35's. I THINK you can get 33's, maybe only 31's. It has been a long time since I did my tire studies....:dunno

69IDI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well the one just bought. It needs some lower highway R's

Arborigine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn't look for a used pump as i figured that may be what put the donor off the road. Now that you have one known to be good, i would take it out and install it in the black truck. If it works, buy a rebuilt and sell one truck at a profit.

69IDI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The pump i bought was off a truck that blew a head. The pump is honestly in mint condition. Seller was a real reputable guy so i trust him when hes tells me its a good pump.

I will do a comp. test and go from there. If it shows good, ill sell the reg cab.

69IDI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Back to "Black Beauty"

Alright. Bypassed water sep. with a fuel filter. Main fuel filter is full. Fuel is at injectors. GP light stays on for about 7 seconds, then cycles. All GP's tested out a 1 ohm.

There was a bubble in the filter i installed and it does get tiny ones that disappear once done cranking.

I REALLY need to get this truck going. Is there a sure fire way to verify that those glow plugs are lighting up? Starting to get snow so i need this truck (cant ride the dirtbike no more)

Included is a pic of the Extd cab trucks engine.

You must be registered for see images

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

You must be registered for see images

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

69IDI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When i had a buddy crank it for me last yes there was some slight haze coming out the tail pipe. Not a lot, though.

Black dawg

Reaction score
maybe pull all the plugs so you can test them with power to them, with the plugs out crank any extra fuel out.

69IDI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ive tried both. With the jumpers hooked up to the plugs they all lit up in 7-10 seconds

D.A.V_Oil_Brnr

M88 Junky
Reaction score
Mystery of Mysteries

To be fully honest, I am 98% hands on. Without being there with the vehicle, I am not of much use to you. I have given all the information that I know to give. If the injectors are firing properly, the IP pump is working properly, the lift pump is working, seals/lines/filters are all good... your beyond my knowledge.

When cranking the engine, how much fuel sprays out of the schrader valve on the engine mounted fuel filter? The amount sprayed is what is important. If the fuel dribbles, is foamy, etc.. there is a problem. If the fuel comes out like garden hose full pressure, your good.

After that, I am clueless. Sorry I can not be more help to you. As with others, if I lived closer or could otherwise get to your vehicle, I most certainly would. Best of luck man.