85 cclb f350 cumapart swap

BrandonBerkosky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah she fits like a glove. And truth be told I made no efforts to make it fit besides install it and close the hood.
It's a tight fit
I actually added a battery tray. I forget which one. The truck was a 351 originally.

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now, if only there was a viable way to get cool air to the filter from that location. Hmm...
Build a box around it, add intake opening in fender side :D You know you always wanted louvers on your fenders!!!

Brandon, that intake elbow ended up quite smaller than it appeared in the first pic. Looks like the whole works belongs like that from the factory. However, no A/C? I mean since the air-to-air now obviously lives in the same location the factory condenser used to occupy...

BrandonBerkosky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Build a box around it, add intake opening in fender side :D You know you always wanted louvers on your fenders!!!

Brandon, that intake elbow ended up quite smaller than it appeared in the first pic. Looks like the whole works belongs like that from the factory. However, no A/C? I mean since the air-to-air now obviously lives in the same location the factory condenser used to occupy...

Never had ac and I'm far too lazy to find the ac dash and all the guts then fitting it in the grill somehow. I had to destroy the grill to make this all work I just don't see it happening.

47 Willys Cj2A
55 Chevy Belair
55 Buick 12v (Bummins)
57 Chevy Belair
63 Mercury Monterey
71 IH 1210
85 F350 12v

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Never had ac and I'm far too lazy to find the ac dash and all the guts then fitting it in the grill somehow. I had to destroy the grill to make this all work I just don't see it happening.
I know of one person who was able to stuff both a full-size intercooler and an a/c condenser in a slant-nose front end, and he eliminated the grille altogether and IIRC did some sheet metal cutting as well. It's EXTREMELY tight...heck, it's a chore to get an intercooler and an a/c condenser to fit together on a brick-nose, which has considerably more space between the core support and the grille! IMHO the best way to get both to fit is to use an OBS front end...

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
Heath actually has an IC, and AC in his Bullnose. However, he modified the radiator mounts on the core support to move the radiator closer to the fan, he has a grill, but it is one of the thin aftermarket ones, not a factory grill.....

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Heath actually has an IC, and AC in his Bullnose. However, he modified the radiator mounts on the core support to move the radiator closer to the fan, he has a grill, but it is one of the thin aftermarket ones, not a factory grill.....
I forgot about Heath's setup...on the other hand, moving the radiator back isn't really an option with a 6BT swap unless you eliminate the engine-driven fan.

The setup I was referencing was Sean (6 Nebraska IDIs)'s truck...I recall that he couldn't even use a thin aftermarket grille! However, he didn't relocate his radiator...

BrandonBerkosky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I forgot about Heath's setup...on the other hand, moving the radiator back isn't really an option with a 6BT swap unless you eliminate the engine-driven fan.

The setup I was referencing was Sean (6 Nebraska IDIs)'s truck...I recall that he couldn't even use a thin aftermarket grille! However, he didn't relocate his radiator...

I don't run a mechanical fan. Just electric. And I guess I could find the room. I'm just not there yet.

47 Willys Cj2A
55 Chevy Belair
55 Buick 12v (Bummins)
57 Chevy Belair
63 Mercury Monterey
71 IH 1210
85 F350 12v

BrandonBerkosky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Napa finally got my alternator.
Threw that on and finally got to take it for a ride. In a word it's ridiculous. The truck always pulled hard but now 4th gear is scary. Lol.
Some people questioned whether or not ide be able to spool this turbo. I can peg the 35psi that it's gated to if I want. But it's not really necessary with the volume this thing pushes. You just roll into it.
Wide open throttle not a bit of smoke. I may slide the fuel plate the last few millimeters I have left in adjustment. Previously the truck didn't like it there.
Had it on the highway my acceleration and top end has greatly improved. Where I used to just run out of air I broke 100mph effortlessly (on a secluded part of the highway with no one else around)

I'm in love. Can't wait to hook to a trailer.

BrandonBerkosky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the two-****** oil fill approach! ;-)

Long story but yeah.
Basically when my truck was on pimp my ride xibit got me two oil caps. So I can add oil while I add oil.

Oooor. I got really tired of that industrial application rocker box taking 6 hours to add 1qt. Lol

BrandonBerkosky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Disassembled engine for regasket. Bummer.
Bottom end is clean as a whistle. Just got some moisture up top. The shop I had it stored in was notorious for taking on water and being damp. But I had no where else to keep stuff at the time.
It's not as bad as it looks. That's all tranny fluid I dumped in there so I could hit the rust with a scuff pad.
I'll have it hot tanked and go from there.

You must be registered for see images attach

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
Rear shaft. Like i said all 1480.

You must be registered for see images

Dont give me a hard time about balancing. I've made more shafts than i can count and never had a n issue

Any chance you could bring back the pics of the drive shaft. I would be interested to see them since I plan on trying to weld my own together soon.

BrandonBerkosky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok so you will see the slip yoke for the trans and the flange yoke for the 10.25 they are from Jesse at High Angle Driveline.

I remember now I had to move some holes and machine the flange face.

There's also a pic of removing the weld from the driveshaft yoke on the lathe instead of using a grinder or torches.

All the rest was spare shafts from my collection that I cut up.

And I used all spicer joints.

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
Thanks a lot, I don't have a lathe to cut things apart but I am pretty steady with a grinder. I also have a dial indicator and a good welder to put it together. That is what I am planning to do with all of my drive shafts. I figured at worst i might need to have them balanced and even then I have read on some tricks to do that yourself to.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7