7.3 smoke

bigerisbetter

Reaction score
so about my 94 f250 again ive seen diesels blow black smoke like they are goin outta style and mine does not is is bad that it doesnt or what? if so how do i get it to smoke like that if its better for engine? im no diesel mechanic so any and all advice is appreciated..

bigerisbetter

Reaction score
true true then u get all those tree hugging politics ******** and moaning that diesels are the reason for global warming lmao

justinray

Contributor
Reaction score
Diesel emmisions actually cause global dimming, counteracting the effects of global warming, its great.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Black smoke is unburned fuel. It causes more combustion heat in the cylinders and thats not a real good thing. A slight haze is ok but rolling coal is terrible for several reasons. I have been cited 4 times for my haze. Mostly around the same corners on my town streets too. They really don't mean anything but they ask me did I know it and what did I do to fix it. Questions are multi choice. Did you junk it. What did you do with it like maybe sell it or park it. Did you fix it.. Never a proper question like is it a cold diesel you just started driveing or just... Is it a diesel... I see so many Hondas with what you know is an undoc driver smokeing blue smoke like no tomorrow. But they drive right by an officer who looking the other way... We can't "profile" in this state like AZ can....

Devon Harley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine does when I rev it an clears up when I'm rolling and hazy under load and I've been stopped before and they ask me if I know it's smoking and I say it's just cold and needs a tune up that I can't afford at the moment the only person who told me that he would site me is an a$$ hole Truck highway patrol and he got his creeper out and rolled his goofy self around under my truck made a fuss about the straight pipe and I was like its not over the des able limit and we are one the freeway not residential so he let me go and said tune that **** up I wanted to stick his head where the sun doesn't shine you and turn up your ip a few flats and you will get a lil smoke at rev for ur own pleasure I can tell you how to turn it up if you want

Kevin 007

Full-floater
Reaction score
Im proud of my smokeless diesels, makes me feel that im getting the most out of the fuel that im burning. Which is paramount with the fuel prices these days. Most of us remember when these trucks were cheap to fill up, not any more....

FordGuy100

Reaction score
I think a properly tuned N/A IDI will emit some black smoke on WOT, especially as you get into the upper RPM's. Realistically a turbo diesel shouldnt be emiiting any visible smoke at all.

bigerisbetter

Reaction score
wow well thanx guys i appriceate the input glad i joined this site you all are very helpful and knowlageble

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadScientist

Members online