7.3 IDI Turbo - Blue Smoke

TurboIDIpower

Reaction score
First off - I am new to diesels so pardon my ignorance.

I have a 94 7.3 IDI Turbo with 95K on it that smokes (blue smoke) and runs rough. We have replaced the fuel filter, glow plugs and installed a return line kit.The lines have been bled. It starts ok and seems to idle fine but at higher rpms it sputters and smokes. Our next step is to replace the injectors and injector pump. Would like to get a little more performance out of it so we were thinking of a matched set of injectors and turned up pump (looking at DPS performance website).

Can anyone help on the blue smoke? Is replacing the injectors/pump going to cure the problem? Also any reccomendations on where to get injectors/injector pump?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

biggin92

Yeeeee Haaawwww
Reaction score
Sounds like its time for a pump to me and a set of injectors would be good . Did of sit for a long time? The cylinders may have glazed over.

TurboIDIpower

Reaction score
Also, would stage 1 injectors help the performance?? Would anyone reccomend usind stage 1 injectors or is it netter to stick with stock?

Thanks

Ididriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alot of people here have had bad expercines with dps injectors. Apparently they tend to just **** fuel instead of a nice fine pattern.

rjjp

Needs to go test
Reaction score
Contact agnem on here for performance injectors, they're called Moose Misters.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
There is two good members here that sell matched BB code injectors. Never run any other codes.The turbo G codes wont give you as much hp and fuel mileage as the BB codes will.....Both typ4 and Agnem are the members. Ken at DPS has had some issues in the past but he appears to be turning that around. Don't buy used or rebuilt injectors.They mostly will not be any quality in them.Many have tried but failed.Historically you get what you pay for around here. Even a new set of injectors can have a bad one in the bunch. So pop testing them first is a good idea...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7