7.3 idi bought build boost

bj_idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hi everyone my name is Brian i am 22 years old from south fl. i got my first diesel ever a few months ago. a 93 f-250 7.3 idi and buddy swapped a dana 60 under it. Prior to this i have no diesel experience. when i got the truck it was a stock non turbo 7.3 idi. power and throttle response was lacking to say the least. it was also leaking oil all over and fuel out of the weep hole on the ip.

when i first got the truck i changed the vaccum pump brake booster, master, powersteering pump, belt and tensioner and lift pump.

i went and changed the fuel filter because i was getting the vaccum in fuel filter light. the truck drove worse after and was boggling my mind. i then found a pushmower fuel filter plugged solid and i mean SOLID tucked up under the frame.pulled that out and fuel was pouring out the line. a 3/8 copper stub i had laying around from a job solved that issue.

when i would brake pretty hard there was so much fuel on the valley pan that it would all slosh forward and kick the belt right off.

day 1 and the journey begins

You must be registered for see images attach

i bought a turbo from a member on this forum a banks sidewinder kit. along with that i went ahead and cleaned up the fuel system. all fuel lines, injectors and ip was changed and put the turbo pump on it. glowplugs all hoses thermostat water pump etc was freshened up.

bj_idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score

my buddies and i did the re seal and turbo over the weekend and a few short days for me afyer work and she is running strong i drive it all over its a 100% different truck night and day difference. this forum os awesome and im glad its here cause its helped alot thanks!

bj_idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what are your guys egt's #?? the truck seems to get a bit hot while on the highway