6X6 IDI check this out!

6.9poweredscout

Bleeds IH red...
Reaction score
:puke: that truck is literally 5 blocks from my house, i've seen it go down the road numerous times, lets say it's scary when it turns, the rear axle slides and "drags" more then it follows the truck. i didn't notice the shock jungle gym before, everytime i saw it parked was at night. i wouldn't pay more then 1500 for it, 1000 for the motor, 500 for the sets of rears. to each their own i guess, i don't see many people dumping $10K into a scout to fit a 6.9...LOL .

-Jon

MUDKICKR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that trk is tall but still not tall enough, but wow i want that trk but i wonder how it does offroad. I bet it would be a beast in the mud

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
Yup, walking beam aint called walking beams for nothing....Just look at any dump truck with that suspension - dog tracking down the road 1/2 sideways..LOL....Its a strong suspension - very rugged but a pain to work on for bushing or leaf spring repairs.

ttman4

Last Nite's Dream..
Reaction score
Hi in the Cascades, Nearly- Redmond,Oregon
Yeah that looked like some homemade variation of a Hendrickson Suspension to me too. Hendrickson's was tough & had a rhythm of their own....thumpity-thump, thumpity-thump, thump, thump! Didn't make any difference what wheelbase the rig was, it rarely was ever on a smooth riding road. It'd get started thumping on a roadstripe & 'ya had to cinch up & start holdin your GUTS! & I figure he needs all those shocks, maybe more!

I can't figure out how he splits it either. Driveshaft is coming into front axle normal like. I'm not aware of small truck setup available with interlock & powerdividers etc to drive that rear axle like bigger semi's, but I don't know everything either.
Actually, the suspension with that long "walkingbeam equalizer" setup looks a lot like couple older smaller equipment trailers I've seen.
But how he drive that rear axle? V belt or chain drive off some other driveshaft? Drive it off PTO setup? Wind it up with rubberbands & "let-go" with that Airswitch he mentioned??:rotflmao 6 wheel drive at slow speeds, or highway speeds??

Inquiring minds want to know!!!:dunno

Freight_Train

Traitor to the brotherhood
Reaction score
That is a bad design for a rear suspension on that rig.That rig needs a Military style walking beam where the pivot is in the middle of hte axles mounted to the frame,the Leaf spring is mounted upside down so it is an inverted U shape with teh apex attached to the pivot and the axles on a sliding mount on the spring end and links attaching the axles to the pivot.TONS of flex and axle twist.Sure the rear can walk around a little and I can see my deuce axles about 2-3 inches out of track from one another on a hard turn but it tracks straight with good bushings and pivots.