6.9 on the block

IDIeselman

Reaction score
The sale block that is, Fresh rebuild with HP pump and turbo injectors. 8,000 miles on pump and injectors, 20,000 on rebuilt engine. Some here have heard and seen it run and can attest to it's greatness. I'm just putting the feelers out to see what I should be asking for it. The 78 shall recieve a 94 5.9 slummins:D I've decided to see just how many horses a 5.9 can put out, Don't start the bashing just yet, I will always have a IH IDI in the yard for daily duty and most likely a dependable tow vehicle.

I don't know why I'm posting this, Self casteration would probably be less painfull.

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
IDIeselman said:
I don't know why I'm posting this, Self casteration would probably be less painfull.

:eek: Prolly so.LOL

You've been out in the cold a little too long there Tim.:backoff
Did you get tha C/C down the road from ya yet?

Boys and girls I think the Borg just struck again.:yell:

82F100SWB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Heh... I can't fault him... Mind you, I'm going about things a bit differently, I have not 1, but 2 5.9's sitting in the shop, but, I'm putting a turbo on the 6.9 this weekend rather than playing with one of them... LOL

NapaBavarian

Dually driver 6.9
Reaction score
Save yourself the trouble, send me the Cummins for my '92 so I can stuff the FI 460 in the '77 :hail and your problems will be over! :shoot:

Last edited:

IDIeselman

Reaction score
:eek: Prolly so.LOL

You've been out in the cold a little too long there Tim.:backoff
Did you get tha C/C down the road from ya yet?

No Ron I haven't, After repeated attempts of trying to get him to find the title and listening to how much money he had and he really didn't need to sell it, I finally had enough and told him what part of the ananotomy he was and where he could put that truck. If I was still a single man he surely would have recieved a good slap around.

82f100, If I had a turbo on mine I'd probobly keep it but I bought the complete 94 for less than a turbo kit costs;Sweet

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
An idle mind is a playground for the devil. Obviously you haven't been holding up a shovel lately. :rolleyes:

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
IDIeselman said:
No Ron I haven't, After repeated attempts of trying to get him to find the title and listening to how much money he had and he really didn't need to sell it, I finally had enough and told him what part of the ananotomy he was and where he could put that truck. If I was still a single man he surely would have recieved a good slap around.

That's too bad. I'm eye'in on up in my patrol area. A 87-91 era C/C dually 4x2 taking up space in the woods where it has accumulated much moss over the years but the body looks solid.:love:
Just haven't had the time nor funds to make contact. Hoping for another Beef deal.:angel:

Agnem said:
An idle mind is a playground for the devil. Obviously you haven't been holding up a shovel lately.
I concur.LOL

Last edited:

69oiler

I don't feel tardy
Reaction score
the best chassis/body out there deserves the best diesel out there. that's going to be a drool machine. go IDIeselman go.

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
There was a 78 ish truck like yours (not as nice) tearing up Silver Lake Sand Dunes this summer, It sounded like a Cummins so I stoped him and asked,..shure enough, he had a 12 valve in it.

Geter done!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanohawk

Members online