6.9 idi injectors

silverrex4

Reaction score
hey all!! i know this has been discused in the past. getting slight smoke on my 85 6.9 n/a. mileage of old injectors are unknown. just got new injectors in from rockauto. delphi injectors came with the g code. are those ok to run on stock motor? im not looking for major powergains for now just need to set a solid baseline for the truck to get rid of smoke. any help would be great.

riphip

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have used those in the past w/o problems BUT they are not matched (pop-tested). You should try advancing the pump timing first about a dimes thickness to the passengers side, new air filter, new fuel filter & some fuel treatment in your tanks.
I use Lubrication Specialties Hot Shot Secret Diesel Extreme and have great results. When changing my fuel filter, I fill the new filter with LiquiMoly Diesel Purge (Amazon), run the engine for about 5 minutes (idle) so the pump & injectors are filled with Purge, & let set overnight to clean the pump internals, lines,etc. I change my fuel filter at every oil change.
I also have an electric fuel pump, 40223 w/check valve. My past Holley Reds did not serve me very well. Use a 3/8" port clear replaceable fuel filter from AutoZone or wherever before pump.

silverrex4

Reaction score
ok awsome, recently just put new fuel filter on. planning on using the new injectors and replacing the lines and cups to make sure everything is sealed. i have been looking for a ferret meter to set timing. but company is out of business. have to find another option. ill look into that pump. thanks for the hlep

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
placidoert

Members online