40 gal rear tank?

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is it a camper, or a cap/topper? Here's how I have my spare wheel mounted, I lose a bit of space in the bed but it don't interfere with the cap and climbing in/out of bed is still fairly easy:

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Probably can't see it well, but the wheel is held through the top two stud holes, I drilled through the front bed rail and pushed two 1/2 bolts through the back of it (between the cab and bed) and secured them to the bed with lockwashers and nuts, then the wheel just slides onto them and is retained by two wing nuts, the bottom of it just sits on the bed floor - simple and effective, and unless I roll the truck the wheel ain't getting nowhere.

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Me? Nope, pics show just fine for me, but here you go with the linkies:

http://www.supermotors.net/getfile/635583/fullsize/*******-005.jpg

http://www.supermotors.net/getfile/635581/fullsize/*******-003.jpg

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
LTU Electrical vehicle recharge station? You'll have to explain that sign while we discuss fuel tanks that cost $200 to fill.

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haha, there's an outlet there for our electric car - my school was part of some inter-college competition last year, it was to design and build an energy-efficient house, with solar panels and water heaters and what not, and there is a small electric car that goes with the house, but that one we just bought and didn't build - thing is like a big golf-cart,only lighter and faster, nothing really special about it. We do, however, have a bubble Taurus that gets 82-84mpg freeway, tis a diesel-electric with batteries and solar panels, looks like a jet from the inside, now that one was an engineering senior design project and used to run in some state-wide competition that is no more.