4" exhaust kits

Timthetoolman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It should pull up on the net, here is mine I just got.

Attachments

• IMG_4195.JPG
    IMG_4195.JPG
    84 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_4196.JPG
    IMG_4196.JPG
    73.2 KB · Views: 33

slicknic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I picked up my stuff on the weekend ;Sweet

I ended up with the 4" over the axle piece, 1 stick of 4" tube, one 3" to 4" adapter all from NAPA. I also bought a 4" to 5" x12" stainless tip from Summit and some of those nice 3" wide stainless exhaust clamps.

Thanks for the help guys

acousticrawk

Reaction score
right on man. get us some pics when you get her done. how much was youre napa total? i still cant find that stupid over the axle tube on napas website. how much was that thing and whats the part number?

slicknic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From Timthetoolman

NAPA parts number EXH54387 4" over the axle online price is only $52.89.

I just called the local one in Blaine, Washington and they sourced it out for me. I think that piece, the 10' of tube, and the adapter was around $150 and the tip and 4 clamps were $80

funnyman06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So what was your total, I'm looking to do exactly the same thing, and when u get it on, sound clips would be nice :)

Mr_B

Reaction score
Are you guys leaving the Y portion of the exhaust along and just connecting the 4" after that once it comes down and lines up to the rear? If so wouldn't that leave a bit if 3" exhaust to go through for the drivers side? I had thought of cutting the Y out and going from 3" to 4" almost imediatly after the exhaust manifolds and just using some standard 4" fittings to recreate the Y. Mabe I'm trying to over achieve?

funnyman06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mr.B dont worry i have trying to figure this out too. From what i have heard people take the stock Y and replace the 2 1/4 end with a 3 inch end, but if you could do 3.5 or 4 that would be cool. The problem is that on our mid/early idi's the exhaust path is different so our exhaust has to go through a triangle gusset for the body. If only i had more money i could make something actually happen.:cry:

funnyman06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hate being a poor college student... Once summer comes i can get more hours in and then maybe actually do something on my truck!

slicknic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm planning on leaving everything the way ATS has it and jumping to 4" from the 3" downpipe. Do most guys upgrade the other exhaust to?

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
NO! Dont change the crossover pipe in a turbo system! If you make it any bigger you'll reduce the velocity of the gases, and allow them to expand and cool. If you make it smaller (why?) it will choke. Leave that alone or you'll regret it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online