4" diamond eye pn.

Clb

Another old truck
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So
I started looking up the early powerstroke kit everyone mentions, and came across this
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://www.diamondeyeperformance.com/product_info.php?products_id=184&ved=2ahUKEwiugt7U7MbbAhVM4IMKHXZqDkQQFjACegQIBhAB&usg=AOvVaw0gxvzvRJ_9qSHCp60upDMh

besides not being s.s., What am I missing here,seems to be a bolt on, w\3"d.p.???
So the p.s. Uses a different location on the turbo , ?right?
The s kit is muffler delete.
Hoping to cool the heat soak in the hills towing the 7k# 5er, thinking this could be a no fab ( dp to rear of system)required way to go???
(Unless the dp to head pipe are different for idi vs p.s.) The p.s. Dp. On this kit is 2pc. It could be a band clamp it on deal ?right?
Live in cal so no rust issues.
Whatcha boys say?

Last edited:

Clb

Another old truck
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is this the same kit in the other threads?

WarNose

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That s the kit that I used but the downpipe was a couple of inches short of reaching the turbo. I would weld the downpipe. Being that you have to modify it to mate up to the IDI turbo, clamps would be a tricky deal.

Reactions: Clb

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think I bought the muffler delete pipe and it made the jump from 3” dp to 4” pipe with a ball and socket joint to mate to the DP. I used a diamond eye 3” psd DP modified to mate to my turbo and then modified the firewall to fit it.

Edit: here it is attached to a walker 4” BTM

You must be registered for see images attach

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
That's standard on the Diamond eye kits I've seen.
And that's the way the factory powerstroke exhaust is setup.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

catbird7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used diamond eye 4" stainless with powerstroke 3" DP. Modified to use V-band clamp.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Laserjock, you didn't by chance snap any other pictures did you?
Me snap pictures.... really...

LOL

The muffler delete pipe had the ball and socket connector on it that matched the DP. No mod needed there.

This is my DP next to a stick sidewinder DP. I used a 3” elbow and a piece of 3” with a slip joint in it so I could adjust for length and tack it. The v-band matches the turbo. Don’t remember what size it was.

This is how much I cut off the psd dp

Then wrapped it to keep some heat out of the cab.

And installed.

Let me go find the firewall pics.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Okay. Firewall. This was a real problem. I actually shaved the lip of the firewall off and welded it up when I was working on my cab floors thinking that would solve my problems later. In fact it ended up kinda screwing me. I actually fit everything and had clearance before I blew it all apart to finish the body work. Fast forward to reinstalling everything, suddenly the damn DP won’t fit. Not even close. I still to this day don’t get it. But here’s what I ended up doing. Since everything was painted and the interior was about half back in, I ended up cutting out a section and forming a hump to rivet in.

The reason I ended up doing this was because by virtue of welding up that seam once shaving off the body metal pinch weld, it was now much stronger, and I couldn’t budge it. I pushed. I pried. I beat. I made an attachment for my slide hammer. I pulled on it from the inside with a 10k strap. Nothing doing. This was one area where I really outsmarted myself. Learn from my mistakes!

Clb

Another old truck
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Now I gotta go investigate the ats3" dp in mine...
I have a 3 1\2" stock stroke pipe and muffler along with the bell that was on it no up pipe tho.
Hmmm