3G Alternator and V-Belt Misfortune

BrianX128

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Except its backwards. My diesel pulley both are the same width and the supposed gasser pulley that came on the new 3g they are different.

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Except its backwards. My diesel pulley both are the same width and the supposed gasser pulley that came on the new 3g they are different.

Really? That's odd... Does your vacuum pump use a smaller width belt? Is this the newer purchase? The blue bullnose? I wonder if someone put the wrong alternator on before. Not that it would really affect this though.

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just for kicks... Have you tried it without the belt on the vacuum pump? I'd hate that to be the problem.

BrianX128

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No I havent tried it without the vacuum pump but I can force the squeak after the initial 10 second squeak goes away before the belt gets warm if I throw everything at the alternator electrically including two e fans I have in front of the ac condenser.

It's also on my 7.3 not the newer 6.9.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Your pulley is a dual belt for a non diesel application, they wont work. get a good used diesel pulley, it will stop giving you fits.
This^^^ has the exact issue. Put the 1 g pulley on (less the fan). Problem solved. Takes a washer to space it out from loosing the fan bit.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Members online