3G alt question

89dieselbko

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Been searching and searching, not finding much luck. I did a 3G large case on my 302 before i put the 7.3 in my bronco, lookin to do the 3g on the 7.3... the one on my 302 has different way of bolting up.

Is there a thread on the forums here that im just not using the right keywords for? for comparability with a 1990 7.3?

Wish the one on my 302 would work... its a 160 amp-er bought from a FSB vender couple years back

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Been searching and searching, not finding much luck. I did a 3G large case on my 302 before i put the 7.3 in my bronco, lookin to do the 3g on the 7.3... the one on my 302 has different way of bolting up.

Is there a thread on the forums here that im just not using the right keywords for? for comparability with a 1990 7.3?

Wish the one on my 302 would work... its a 160 amp-er bought from a FSB vender couple years back
Can you go to a wrecker purchase a core and do a case swap? Just curious....I have to do case swap on my 3G to make it work with the serpentine belt setup I have for my Broncos 7.3 swap.

Mine current setup has 12 and 6 o clock mounting

You must be registered for see images attach

I have to go to a 3 bolt side mount as in the pic, I have a power master they will recase my alt for 40 bucks I pay shipping and I get the old part back as well they test unit for performance as well.

You must be registered for see images attach

So not sure if that helps but I am considering recasing my self since I have the right case, I bought a new bearing for the front case half and all I have to do is clean and paint to match rear case half, 14 bucks for bearing.....case was a freebie just for this purpose!

89dieselbko

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks guys

Off to the junk yard for a new case, and to a local shop to switch the innards i reckon. Most likely the cheapest way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JU57US