300+hp cummins and wastgates?

Exekiel69

Reaction score
I'm still not too sure what engine I'm going to use but like I said the ve is real nice cause there cheap... but the p-pump is undoubtedly the better choice but some more coin... I'll probably end up with the p-pump cause... well... I wana make some smoke! lol. In any case I'll have to make a choice real soon and when I do I'll be back with some more questions...:D

That is Your answer right there. If You want to be the fastest kid on the block then You want a 2nd gen, now if You want a pulling beast that will work very hard and never let You down with the power it makes then You want the 1st gen. The 94-98 are reliable too but You said it, it cost some more.

cfm

Reaction score
hi guys- im new to this forum, and i see you all have quite some experiance with the 5.9 12 cummins.
i have my motorhome with a 5.9, ve pump, but it only puts out 130bhp..
i would like to beef up the performance some, although i have a rebuilt ve pump( i reckon the veggie oil took its toll) and i havent seen a inline pump for this cummins engine in the uk..
what are the "quick tweaks" to get more ooompf out of the pump/engine?
i managed to get hold of some brand new "180 hp" injectors, o.e. bosch ones, so i reckon that a few tweaks would go down well.
the r.v.s weight is 6.5 tonnes, so torque is what its all about.
i am quite interested in the "waste oil" malarky- over here diesel fuel is £1 A LITRE!!!!!!!!
i am looking into getting "red diesel" i.e. heating oil- as its taxed lower, and bunging some waste engine oil in to "cover up" the red color- btw, if you get caught running on heating oil, it can cost you 10000 dollers in fines...